Quote:
Originally Posted by rick4him View Post
Here is my other journal on this tank - just in case anyone wants to see it -

http://www.rickonline.us/ada-90p/index.php
Looks Awesome man!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)
I agree with vance71975! Where in TX are you rick4him? Would you mind telling me how much it cost to have the ADA stand made? What about the metal piece that you suspend the light from? How does it attach to the stand and how much did it cost? I'm thinking of getting a custom stand made if/when I move up to a bigger tank one day.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 04:09 PM
rick4him

I am in Dallas. I had someone I knew make the stand, he doesn't mass produce them or anything, sorry.

the arm I bought from Jeff over at ADG.

His stuff is great!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

How does the arm attach to the stand and how much does it cost? Since your stand is custom made by a friend, were there any problems using that metal rm? Is it sturdy?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
hey man, the shots from the update on the 21st look great! Try and use the same camera settings and angles cause it really showed the tank a lot better than your previous pics. It really looks great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
rick4him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmLaracy View Post
hey man, the shots from the update on the 21st look great! Try and use the same camera settings and angles cause it really showed the tank a lot better than your previous pics. It really looks great!
Hey thanks man - that setting was actually some setting on my camera that said vivid - I actually didn't like it becuase it made it look "darker" then it actually was. Do you think it looks better doing it that way?

I did like the shot of that white stuff on my hair grass - that camera focused amazingly on the grass - did you see that.

As far as the stand for the light - that light stand is the Grand Solar one light stand - it was around 200 bucks. As far as having any issues with it fitting on my stand - no - all it really is is two metal arms that you attach to your stand with brackets - no biggy. then the poles just go into the brackets, and that arm just goes across the two poles and you hang the light on it.

IF you to ADG's webpage you can see the stand - I like it.

(many people like to build their own light stands - i personally don't like dyi projects, so it was easier for me to just buy the light stand from adg.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
Hey thanks man - that setting was actually some setting on my camera that said vivid - I actually didn't like it becuase it made it look "darker" then it actually was. Do you think it looks better doing it that way?

I did like the shot of that white stuff on my hair grass - that camera focused amazingly on the grass - did you see that.

As far as the stand for the light - that light stand is the Grand Solar one light stand - it was around 200 bucks. As far as having any issues with it fitting on my stand - no - all it really is is two metal arms that you attach to your stand with brackets - no biggy. then the poles just go into the brackets, and that arm just goes across the two poles and you hang the light on it.

(many people like to build their own light stands - i personally don't like dyi projects, so it was easier for me to just buy the light stand from adg.
Yes, the darker pic was by far much crisper and less white. It had a lot more contrast, and for once your tank didn't look washed out. It's 100% nicer.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:

I never knew that light stand even existed from ADA. I don't see it on ADG's website. They seem to only have the Solar I, and not the Grand Solar I.

Aqua Forest Aquarium has it on their site though. Your arm looks really nice, and I much prefer the looks and convenience of it over having to install it in the ceiling and running wires down.

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=233
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 10:13 PM
rick4him

Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post
I never knew that light stand even existed from ADA. I don't see it on ADG's website. They seem to only have the Solar I, and not the Grand Solar I.

Aqua Forest Aquarium has it on their site though. Your arm looks really nice, and I much prefer the looks and convenience of it over having to install it in the ceiling and running wires down.

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=233
Yah - if you email Jeff he has it - it just isn't on the website.

Yah it is MUCH easier then installing it from above. And believe it or not I actually like the look better. I think it gives it a nice, clean look.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Awesome!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 AM

PTrader: (11/100%)
Very Nice......

cheers, Bill

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode