5.5 Gallon Photo Journal extravaganza!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
5.5 Gallon Photo Journal extravaganza!!

Welcome, I found this little 5.5 gallon tank I de-rimmed last year. Then in the midst of my stupidity I lost it in my attic. Well fast-forward 13 months and I found it. So what else to do but start a nice little tank. I guess Im just depressed that I have to take down my 75 gallon because we are moving in a few months. heres a bad pic after it had been semi dismantled.
[IMG][/IMG]

Anyways I'm onto smaller and better things I went out and bought a whole bunch of odds and ends for the new nano, most notably that infamous home depot light, the zoomed 502 and these dumb ass little mini jr. 7.5 watt heaters from wallyworld. I thought a 50w heater would be too much, but after a good nights rest I have realized how stupid I was. So I went out and bought a 50w visi-therm stealth, IMO the only way to go as far as heaters go. so disregard those 2 little heaters, they are going back to Wall-Town tommorow.

[IMG][/IMG]

I cannibalized some soil Master Select from my 75 gallon tonight and thats what i'm going to use.

[IMG][/IMG]

The bachelor pad

[IMG][/IMG]

Its 2:30 am work in the morning, half-dazed attempt at keeping myself entertained.

[IMG][/IMG]

Alright so I guess Im going to try and only use filtered water on this little tank. I've heard it can really make a difference, so I guess we will see. I'm kinda lazy and like to tell myself I will stick to this plan, but I prob won't.

[IMG][/IMG]

Okay Got it all setup, Thats good for tonight, Ill fill it and let it clear a little bit before I post anymore pictures. SMS is really gross and dirty after you fill the tank and I know nobody (including me) wants to see that

[IMG][/IMG]

Okay well Ill do my best to keep this updated as I go along, I have been trying to decide what Kinda fish I want in here, Maybe a Dwarf Puffer. That might be an interesting change of pace.......

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode