out door ten gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)
out door ten gallon

right so i have a ten gallon tank i would like to but out side maby add something like a tiger lotus and some other easy plant and maybe some molly's but am worried about some things. would i need some type of filtration or can i use something else a power head or something. i know i don't want it to be stagnant but i have never done anything like this.

also not sure if this should be in the pond sections

"real cars don't have spark plugs"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
Depending on placement you could have a serious algae problem.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

ya i figured that i would defiantly look to have it well shaded actually, in my garden that would not be a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Take note of any predators (raccoons, house cats, cranes,) that may see an opportunity for a free lunch... I know I have a local raccoon that comes right into my back Lani to eat my dogs food every now and then Just looks at my cat as he goes crazy without missing a bite

Troy

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i wish we had predictors all we have is alot of rabbits. i do know we have a raccoon (dogs have treed it before) but my dogs would kill/ do there best to tree it if it ever was in the area i want to put the tank in.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

o and i don't mean the last part to sound presumptuous

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Ozy,
Not to hijack your thread, but as I was mowing my back garden (1/4 acre wooded cypress oak lot) I was thinking along those same lines... Being in central Florida, temps would permit it...was kicking around the idea of concrete block 200-500 gal cinder block tanks for plants/different livestock.... hmmm.. anyway being your in Ind. what type of power source would you have out there?

Troy

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

acually i'm in NJ for the summer and the tank would only be for the the summer early fall. where i think i want to put is close enough to the house that i can run and extension cord to the tank.

would love to have a pond though. was originally think a raised pond made out of brick but don't have the money for it

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Have you considered using a barrell or plastic tub instead of a tank? The solid sides should help with algae since the sunlight wouldn't be able to penetrate.

Personally, I just wouldn't want to try and clean a glass and silicone tank after being outside all summer. Also heating and cooling can weaken the silicone seams.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Lauraleellbp it's more an idea i've been kicking around in my head more than anything. i'm not completely positive i want to go through with it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode