buying plants online - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
buying plants online

Anyone have any recommendation on where to buy plants online? Where I am from we only have two pet stores in town, petco and a mom and pa store. Both store I am not that impress with when it comes to live plants. Petco appears they don't know what they are selling and have everything labeled as assorted plants and the mom and pa store just have a few plants planted randomly in there 12 aquariums.

If I find the time this weekend I might try and take the hour and half road trip to petsmart and see what they have but I just have a feeling I am going to be getting my plants online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)
Take a look at the for sale section here. Most of the time you'll get the best deal and selection from other hobbyists looking to get rid of plants after a trim. I've bought from several people here and have been very happy.

You could also check out aquabid and I personally like planted aquariums central

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40B Goldfish Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Betta Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
Get everything ONLINE! You can't beat the quality, variety and even prices too

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tithra View Post
Take a look at the for sale section here. Most of the time you'll get the best deal and selection from other hobbyists looking to get rid of plants after a trim. I've bought from several people here and have been very happy.

You could also check out aquabid and I personally like planted aquariums central

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+like a billion

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 02:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

is thatpetplace.com good? their prices are.

''To screw up a 180g does not take much, to fix up a screwed up 180g is an effort beyond most mortals.''
first planted tank 180g

(I'm 13
)
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Go to the for sale section and look for Hans aquatics . He has a huge choice of plants. Save the gas don't drive that far to Petsmart you will be disappointed.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will defiantly check all of these out.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser84 View Post
Save the gas don't drive that far to Petsmart you will be disappointed.
Yeah that is what I was afraid of if I did drive down to petsmart. Last time I was there was 8 years ago and I don't even remember them selling live plants.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Bamaplants online.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned

PTrader: (2/100%)
I believe you should always check the forum first for a variety of reasons that include quality plants and supporting forum members.

However there are times when you may look outside the forum and I like

http://www.aquariumplants.com/

The trick is to buy more than $50 worth and qualify for $25 overnight shipping

I just bought a large order from them and the quality and service was above excellent

Lots of luck :-)
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCasa View Post
I believe you should always check the forum first for a variety of reasons that include quality plants and supporting forum members.

However there are times when you may look outside the forum and I like

http://www.aquariumplants.com/

The trick is to buy more than $50 worth and qualify for $25 overnight shipping

I just bought a large order from them and the quality and service was above excellent

Lots of luck :-)
I've heard that that site will sometimes give you complete unrealted plants() (of simular value) if they are out of stock of something your ordered without checking with the buyer first if they want that portion refunded, or a specific replacement plant(s), have you ever had this issue?

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I will have to check out aquarium plants.Com

''To screw up a 180g does not take much, to fix up a screwed up 180g is an effort beyond most mortals.''
first planted tank 180g

(I'm 13
)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
I have had really good success buying off the sale forums here at planted tank as others have said. Can get pretty much any plant you can think of at a good price and using 2 day priority shipping keeps costs down. All of the plants I received this way came in nice shape...too bad you cant 2 day ship coral!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180g View Post
I will have to check out aquarium plants.Com
I have used them several times and always been happy with the plants and service.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok, are their quantities good?

first planted tank 180g

(I'm 13
)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode