The things people do for you on Craigslist. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile The things people do for you on Craigslist.

So one day I decided to ask my mom what I could do to relieve her stress as she currently has 2 jobs and she told me that she wanted a big fish tank. I told her that I would do my best(since I don't have a job and can't get money) and that I would have it soon. Mother's Day was coming so I decided to put an ad for an aquarium larger than 55g. Well, Mother's Day came and I didn't have anything for her, but I kept trying as her birthday was next week. The day before my moms birthday, a person replied saying that they would give me there aquarium setup FREE. I was asked to do some community service with a friend and I didn't come home till about midnight. By then, the person had said that they had already gotten rid of it since I took too long, but I never knew that they where in a rush to get rid of it. Disappointed, I went to sleep in a bad mood because I wouldn't have anything for my Mom. The next morning, another person replied and said that they would give me their 55g aquarium setup with a 9in white oscar cichilid and an angelfish that was about 4-6in. Excited, I told my sister to take me to them before my mom got home from work(11:00pm) and I hurried to set it up. When my mom arrived, I had covered the aquarium and had put a giant present bow on it. She opened it and started crying with tears of joy because of how beautiful it was. The next day I saw her eating breakfast and I knew that the fish had put her in a better mood because she was smiling the entire time she was eating. I thanked the guy and the reason they couldn't have it anymore was because the wife of the couple wanted a cat and the guy said that it was either the fish or the cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thats a really nice story. Thanks for sharing it. I often wonder if they are still nice people out there because most people just care about money rather than building friendship's with other people which is what life is all about. I often feel like people wont do nice things for me or avoid me when im walking about just because I'm a teenager and people tend to stereotype teenagers and think that we only cause trouble. Thanks for the story Chulios66.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FISHY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
I am a firm believer in Karma, just seems to always work out that way for me, so I always try and go beyond what is needed when I am meeting new people. You never know who someone is or who they know, so who knows what could happen with a little kindness!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Part of my theory when swapping for tanks and getting fish that really don't fit my tanks is how to deal with excess fish. So many worry the issue of "losing" money even on things they get for free. Nothing brings out a smile as quick as giving somebody something they never expected. If you find you have too many fish and you can't give them away, you may need to take a look at your priorities!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
I wish we'd hear more stories like that. A while back I was meeting someone to deliver some free plants. Well the meet up was cancelled and when we did meet later in the week one if the plants was basically mush. Entirely my fault so I explained the sitution about the plant I couldn't deliver. What I didn't mention and he didn't realize until he got home, was that I had put $5 and a note in the bag saying he could now buy the plant.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thank you guys for the feedback, its been awhile since I have been on the forum so I decided that I should get back in the game.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode