aeration advice - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
aeration advice

i need some advice for my denisoni barbs....i have no clue about 02 and c02 and im not sure what they actually do for the tank and how much i need

at the moment i have a juwel vision and had my spray bar fixed so there was very light bubbles blowing as 1 of the holes was above the water....should i have all the holes under the water level and just have the water agitated....i have 3 plants ate the moment and really dont know what im doing as regards whats best for the balance.

there are some brown spots starting to develope on the plants so i was thinking that i had too much aeration to the tank for them to do well.

please advise...treat me like a total noob here .i wont get offended, i really dont know much about 02 c02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
If you are not injecting CO2 into a tank, then surface agitation does not matter. Surface agitation can outgas CO2 if the levels in the tank are being injected to higher than what's in the atmosphere. So right now, you are fine.

However- what kind of lighting does your tank have? If your fixture falls in the "medium" or "high light" range, you may need to inject CO2 for your plants to have enough available carbon to keep up with that much light.

Once you start injecting CO2, you *may* need to start worrying about O2 levels, as the higher the CO2 level, the more O2 fish need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

i have 2 54watt t5s .....could the plants be burning due to too much light?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Over what size tank?

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

over a 260 ltr juwel vision...iv only got 3 plants in at the moment,waiting to place order for the rest of my plants...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode