HELP! N00b fustrated, needs aquascape advice - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi all,

I've got a 42 gallon tank that i've been trying to aquascape to my satisfaction for 3 months, to no avail. I thought I'd upload some pics to show the current set up, any maybe you all can give some advice as to where to move stuff to , what plants to add, etc... Right now it just looks very grungy, and i hate it. I've got 2x36W, and DIY C02. If you want to tell me to pull everything out and start again, thats cool too. Just give me suggestions!!

Pardon the odd blur in the pics, this camera is dead, and its getting returned soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:19 PM

You can add a red color plants in the middle. Since you have low light, you can go with Crypt Wendti bronze or red. It will grow high and constrast to the many greens you have. What is the thing infront under the white fish? Is it a piece of wood or rock? I would move that or you can stick some ferns or anubias there since it has many holes.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:36 PM

one thing to keep in mind is the shape of the tank itself. you have a tall tank that is designed to be viewed from more than one side. i have found that the "mound" design works best in tanks like yours: place the plants and driftwood near the center of the tank, and leave a empty circular area around them (or some variation on this theme). it looks like you have more of a "U" shaped setup, wich is really more suited to a longer tank. in my humble opinion, the Takashi Amano books are a great place to find ideas for aquascaping. until i read his books, i spent a lot of time rearranging my tanks trying to figure out why they didn't look right to me.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode