What size cylinder - 210g tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question What size cylinder - 210g tank

One of the local places is selling a 20 lb tank for approx $130, and approx $15 for fill/refills and a 40 lb for approx $260 with fill/refill for approx $25. Will the 20 lb last me at least a month? Should I just go bigger anyways? HELP!

210 g - Empty right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
How long a tank will last is highly variable, but a 20# tank lasts well over a year on my 125g tank. But all things considered my recommendation would be to get the largest tank that you can. Often it comes down to what will fit in the stand, but for your size tank I would work to fit at least a 20# tank.

—Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, the 40 lb would fit under the stand, yet we have long drapes right beside the tand to conceal it. The 20 lb would probably fit I would think, and I really do not mind filling a couple times a year. The more I hide, the happier the wife. Plus the cost is much cheaper. I think I might go with the 20, I was just worried about how long it would last. Glad to hear info from someone with a fairly large tank. Thanks.

210 g - Empty right now

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Planted Member

If you have two smaller tanks they'll conceal easier & you'll always have a fresh bottle to swap to while you're out getting the other one filled. And for something that gets filled once, maybe twice a year it's not like it's a huge inconvenience to go with a smaller tank.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Mike,
Are you ever out in the bay area? You can get a filled 20# tank in San Leandro for $95. Last time I got my tank filled there I picked up a filled 5# tank for $65 for use as a rotating spare (for those times when I can't get my main tank refilled immediately).

—Bill

|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Unfortunately, it wth gas and time, that is too far. The shop I am looking at is about a mile away. I appreciate the suggestion though, thanks. I will end up grabbing the 20 lb one hopefully later today (waiting on cable guy )

210 g - Empty right now
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Planted Member

A 20lb should last a long time unless you have some issue. You can get tanks on the Internet if you don't have a local supplier.

David

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode