what else from seachem exept flourish and flourish excel - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
what else from seachem exept flourish and flourish excel

I am just confsed about all the stuff seachem is providing. I have 15gal planted with 48watts above it and I am targeting to heavy planted one. I am dosing flourish excel every morning (with nutrafin and diy mix-is it ok?) and flourish every week after water change. What about flourish iron, tabs, trace, potassium, nitrogen and equilibrium? Do you have any suggestions for small tank like mine? I'd like to order today from drfoster&smith but I don't know which should I take and which I can pass...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Check out the Seachem recommended dosing chart, link is on the bottom left of this page:

http://www.seachem.com/products/planted.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
I already did that, but they want you to use all the products and I just want to know what's your experience in small tanks.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I personally stick with low light tanks, so don't do much at all in the way of fert dosing, other than root tabs I just do the occasional Excel and Flourish comprehensive.

With your lighting, however, you do need to keep that CO2 going and dose a good balance of macro and micro nutrients to keep the plants from developing deficiencies.

I'd say you need probably need at least the nitrogen, iron, potassium package in addition to Comprehensive and Excel.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 03:33 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
I dose Flourish comprehensive (micros) every other day, and Flourish Excel after water changes and occasionally daily if I notice algae.

However, I'm also dosing NPK every other day per EI method. I'd say Flourish trace is probably not necessary, nor is Flourish iron unless you notice a deficiency. And rather than the Flourish macros (npk) Id go with dry ferts, which are waaay cheaper. Flourish equilibrium is something totally different as it's not a fertilizer so much as it's a gh increaser (tho of course there are benefits for certain plants).

So yea, if it was me, Id order Flourish & Flourish Excel and that's it from that line. And I'd order dry NPK.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Banned

PTrader: (19/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinsmok View Post
I am just confused about all the stuff Seachem is providing. I have 15gal planted with 48watts above it and I am targeting to heavy planted one. I am dosing flourish excel every morning (with nutrafin and DIY mix-is it OK?) and flourish every week after water change. What about flourish iron, tabs, trace, potassium, nitrogen and equilibrium? Do you have any suggestions for small tank like mine? I'd like to order today from drfoster&smith but I don't know which should I take and which I can pass...
This thread has some good information plus a link to a Seachem's Dosing Calculator that I wrote. Check it out if you have time. There's also a conversion to use dry ferts instead of some of the Flourish line. It tells you how much dry ferts it takes to make an equal strength product similar to the Flourish line of N, P and K.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...-medicine.html

EHEIM PIMP #164
Classic 2011, Classic 2213, Classic 2217, ECCO 2236, Pro II 2028, Liberty 2040, Liberty 2042

VICTOR PIMP #1
VTS253A-1993, VTS250B-580, VTS253D-320, HPT500-40-350-4M, SGT500-40-4F-DK

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode