My first Aquatic ECO order - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My first Aquatic ECO order

hi everyone,
i joined a few weeeks ago, got a 10 gallon baby tank (guppies,RCS and Ghosts too) with some plants and 72w PC lighting. the plants are taking off like wild fire. Its only one piece of driftwood and some hornwort plant but it looks great for my first tank. im in the process of doing a 125 freshwater, after leaving saltwater reefing. it got to be too much with the salt creep on the glass and not that many fish (10 SMALL fish in a 125 bleah). so i saw the site for Aquatic-eco systems on one of the posts here and decided to do a lower PH tank with plants and driftwood. i placed an order for 3 LARGE pieces of driftwood and one medium size. all were "in stock" and i got an email a day later, backordered......well poo. ok i can wait, tank is cycling great. i slowly added some fish.....22 danios (mixed), 10 neon tetras, couple of green cories and few other little guys. waiting to put my guppies in (another 16 fish). it said 4-6 weeks lead time. i emailed them twice, no response. third time was the charm BUT its going to be ANOTHER 4 weeks IF NOT MORE. First order and im not happy. im frugal....OK CHEAP.....but 10 weeks for driftwood? yeah im saving a TON of cash thru them but i want to finish the base design and cant do that without the driftwood.
has anyone else had problems with this company? I might just cancel the order and bite the bullet and spend ALOT more with that guy on ebay. Tezasholeyrock or something like that. Atleast i can see what im getting, just shipping is out of hand lately.....guess ill have to get lucky on ebay. Anyone else have ANY websites for driftwood???? sorry for the rant....
thanks
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)
Give the folks here at PT a little bit of time to respond. There's some good sources for driftwood out there......I'm not up on it, but Others can guide you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)
www.manzanita.com Call and tell them you are interested in branches for an aquarium, tell them how big the tank is and if you prefer branchy or not.

Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks for the reply. ive waited 6 weeks.....i can wait for replies with some suggestions. i think im going to let my order ride it out. i can always change my 90 gallon over to a lower PH tank. it has cichlids in it now, maybe do an angelfish tank....hmmm....but thanks. im a patient man
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
badcopnofishtank has great driftwood at a great price https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sw...driftwood.html
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to nate_mcnasty
i got wood from bad cop he's a great seller

slowly but surly

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
10 weeks sounds like a long time to wait for anything that you mail ordered and paid for - I mean, unless they're actually foraging for your driftwood I would expect it to take, I dunno, two weeks? I suppose that since it's backordered you shouldn't be too worried about it, but obviously the extended time frame isn't optimal. If they don't make good on the order, let us know, but I think you should be fine. I purchased my driftwood from Aqua Forest Aquarium, they've got some really nice pieces. Aqua Design Group also has some great pieces, much, much different than what I'm used to seeing; both the Senske's (ADG) or the Lo's (AFA) will work hand in hand with you to pick out individual pieces in order to best approximate the look you're going for. Both of these options are rather pricey, however.

Badcopnofishtank, as mentioned, has some really nice manzanita packages, and I've heard great things about manzanita.com as well. Good luck with your order, and happy hunting if you decide to look for driftwood from another source.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (15/100%)
You could try http://stores.ebay.com/RockArtSource...QQftidZ2QQtZkm for some malaysian driftwood. They are kinda pricey, but I like the wood because it sinks right away with no soaking and you can see the exact piece you will get. Good luck!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeMan View Post
10 weeks sounds like a long time to wait for anything that you mail ordered and paid for - I mean, unless they're actually foraging for your driftwood I would expect it to take, I dunno, two weeks?
Heck, sounds almost as tho they are GROWING it!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via AIM to adamprice271
Sorry to hear, I too am impatient. My LFS "forgot" to order my 48" PC aqualight, so I just ordered it online today(and a bunch of other stuff I don't need including a 30" PC aqualight I ordered from AES and hadd great success with them, and I was VERY pleased with the wood that I got. I figure with the prices they charge, they get BULK orders which takes a lot longer to get, but its cheap. I say, look around for a source if you need it now, otherwise chill and they'll come through. Best of luck

Adam

125g semi planted. 2 silver angels, 14 silver tips, 16 white fin ornatus tetras, pair of Nicaraguense, pair of nototus severums, trio of firemouth cichlids. 2 FX5s, 1 1500gph circ pump, 2 48" LED lighs, and a HUGE piece of driftwood.

650g fish room. 15 30g tanks, 150g sump.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/98%)
Cancel the order, get your money back, and call www.manzanita.com. They have good prices and great wood.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhart View Post
Cancel the order, get your money back, and call www.manzanita.com. They have good prices and great wood.
thanks but from what i see on their website, its not what im looking for. im looking for driftwood that sinks and will lower my PH levels as well as be thick chunky wood. i guess its a chance i take with any bulk order type company. i just cant see spending 120.00 for ONE piece from Rockart on ebay when my order thru AES was 70.00 shipped for 3 large and one medium piece..ive heard both great and horror stories aboutt he orders. One being the pieces were spectacular and yet others being a straight branch cut to different lengths and having no uniqueness at all. IDK what to do, just be patient or spend all my budget on pieces on ebay. Anyone here selling???
thanks for all the input
Ron
NJ
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to nate_mcnasty
that type of wood is called mopani and it makes your water look like pee no madder how long you soke it or boil it

slowly but surly

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode