New member need suggestions (With Pics) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New member need suggestions (With Pics)

Hello all. I am new here and I am starting my 1st planted tank. I have been reading up and studying this for about a week now and well Im pretty good and lost. I normally stick to reptiles and dogs and cats but i really like the look of a pretty plannted tank so I tore down my old turtle tank and started. This is what I have, A 37 gallon Eclipse system with the biowheel 2 full spectrum daylight 18watt florescent bulbs strongest I could find locally. My substrate is now flourite I just changed to it yesterday with my 1st 50% water change. I added the biosphere stuff thas susposed to jumpstart my cycle process. I also have a few plants that I got at walmart with some of those bulbs that are susposed to grow but they havent done anything yet. Anyways I am open to suggestions as I am pretty much stuck on what to do next. Here are some pics of my setup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
your light is pretty low, i would suggest you double it but i myself would triple or quadruple it. biowheels kill CO2, that means you shouldnt upgrade light before you get a canister filter and some source of CO2. and not many plants can be kept in what you have now. those that are include:
-moss
-java ferns
-anubias
-hornwort (maybe)

My Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Welcome to TPT!!!

It can be overwhelming at first, but it looks to me like you've got a decent start?

You could totally revamp your tank and go with a high light, CO2-injected tank ($$ and lots of maintenance time) if you want, or you could stick with your current lighting and filter and just get some good low light plants.

The plants Marko listed would probably work, plus check out the list of plants in the sticky at the top of the Low Tech forum.

Have any questions, feel free to ask- the only stupid question is one that wasn't asked.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode