To Southern CA Residents: Come to Sunday's COAST Meeting! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
For all of the residents of Orange County, California and surrounding areas: On Sunday there is a COAST meeting in Costa Mesa with a keynote speaker on planted tanks! Come out and make your presence known. I'm hoping this will help us to create a network for plant and fish trading here in the O.C.
Hope to see you all there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I'm planning on going Just look for the mid 20's guy who is kinda balding with buzzed hair. Shouldn't be too hard to find
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Hey Gomer...bring your cuttings! I'm bringing a big sword and some hygro and anything else you guys request from my tank (check out photo album). So be prepared to trade!!!

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 09:00 PM

I'm in S.Cal but I can't make it on Sunday to bad.How often do they get together?Maybe I can make the next event and learn more about planted tanks from other people.

Pancake
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

The meetings are ever month. USUALLY the 1st sunday, but not always (there are some upcomming ones that are NOT the 1st sunday)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Algae Grower

Nice seeing you guys today! I really liked the friendly and loose atmosphere. I'll def come back again.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:32 AM

I really wanted to go, but my wife had prior plans.

How was the speaker, and how was the Auction?

I'm going to try to come to next months meeting.

CD
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

Should have got to Stan's house afterwards. Good people, good food, good videos from recent South East Asia collecting trips

hey Katymay ....get scared off? Saw you make that quick change from a left to a right to get on the 55

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Crap Tony! Now I wish I would have gone! It's so funny that you saw that. I really did make a split second decision. I just decided I didn't want to drive that far, and I was hungry and I didn't know if they would have food there. I hope no one was dissapointed. I called Stan and gave him my apologies. I just went and had beer and nachos at the Yardhouse. Next time, no excuses, I'm there. Did anyone suggest making some plans to have a planted tank meeting before the next COAST meeting?

Doug, the meeting was great! I got a bag full of apple snails for 3 bucks. On of them is so big it looks like it could eat one of my cats. I also got a bag of ambulia, which I have been trying to find. I also had a bad impulse buy and I bought something called "fairy weed" which I was later told would take over my tank, so now I don't know what to do with it! The people were great, the atmosphere was fun and the speaker was awesome! I learned so much.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

well, it turns out that Stan only has people over like that 1-2x a year. Usually the crowd goes out to dinner.

No idea about a plant meeting. AFAIK, they use the room frm 12:30-1 for committee stuff.

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:23 PM

It was great meeting all of you! (I was the blonde girl - Christina- in the weird khaki drawstring pants, should have introduced myself). I'm really excited, and I hope we can develop a sub-group of COAST (or outside of) for us planted tank nuts. Once a month is not enough for me. I really liked Vin's talk as well, love his no-nonsense, low-budget approach. I'm a little less afraid of the unknown now.
Maybe we should get together at someone's place, or for drinks, or at Tong's or P.R. or something soon. I'd love to have guests at my place, as long as you all don't mind that there's not much to look at yet (my new 100g looks like a bathtub with a few small fish wandering around in it). Hopefully, next weekend, I'll commence Operation Aquatic Soil, and let you all know how it goes.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Actually Tony, I meant something more informal, where we could just bring stuff for trade and chit chat. I know wonder woman is interested in it, and there were a couple other planted tank people that I think would like the idea. What do you think?
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Oh gosh, and one more thing, Tony. The apple snail spent all morning happily munching away at my pearlweed. I have alot of it, so it's okay for now. If he moves on to other plants, I may have to figure something out. He ate so much, he's exhausted and he's taking a nap. Now I'm worrying that I'll wake up one morning to find a completely bare tank with a single 50 lb snail!
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 PM

Sorry, Katy, I had to laugh at that. But sorry to hear about the plants. He's so cool, though, I really hope you can find a suitable home for him.
I'd be willing to offer up my place for a meeting or two sometime, if anyone's interested. Saturdays would be best. And we could always make "field trips" to Tong's, P.R., etc. I have a pooltable...
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

Ah, I was wondering if that was you Christina. should have spoke up There were a total of 6 including myself that I knew about from the forum.

Not sure if I would want to do something more than once a month, but who knows

Katy, a sure fire method is to train your apple snail. Every time he moves toward the plants, show him the salt shaker.

After hearing Vinny's talk, I kinda want to do a presentation on the other end of the spectrum..the high tech tank *L*. ...but I hate talking in front of people

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode