Sighs yellowing leaves - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey guys inhave a 30 gallon planted tank with an Amazon sword Vals and Ludwigia I put in about 10 DIY Osmocote root tabs in and the plants are not doing too well the ludwigia looks like palm trees no leaves at the bottom the sword is yellowing anf the vals are ok I guess I am running a 14000 k bulb I know this is not the right bulb I picked it out when I was a noob I went to het a bulb between 4100k and 6700k at my lfs but they have 2700k or like 18000k bulbs. Then I went to Home depot to get the flourescent lights and they only had 36 inch t8s that were like 3000k what should I do?
Oh BTW I have Eco Complete in this tank.
THANKS!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

I put the tabs in because the plants were not doing great they did NOT make my plants go bad

Last edited by Darkblade48; 06-06-2014 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Back to back posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I'm guessing your fixture is a standard t8?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|||
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Yes I run cfls in my other one but cant really for this I can not find 4100k to 6700k bulbs at my lfs but I quickly glanced at petsmart they might have it their idk what if they do ot though I need this bulb in less than one week because I have plans

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Nreal

Smile Use led lighting!

Ok so I know waaay too much about this topic. Not to be lame, i simply just do.
I have gone the route of Halogen, Incandescent, T5, CF, CF Dual Tube- just to name a few.
When I bought a Par meter, my life as I knew it was forever changed. I will post a link on where to get ~the most fantastic and inexpensive (about 50$ for 48") insanely bright 1 watt cree bulbs with 120 degree lenses guaranteed for 3 years~ Oh and the led bars are waterproof with wireless dimmers.
Regardless of that, my point is, dont get what you will regret because you think you need and furthermore if you are able to solder things (I know, its a challenging trade) jump on Amazon or Ebay and search for 1 watt or 3 watt LEDs and a proper power source. You know the light spectrum drill, find the LEDs and a length of 2 by 4 (paint it metallic on the bottom) glue in the lights and coat the sucker in silicone, a couple clean layers of clear works better than 1 messy long glob. The lil lights should take about 2 weeks to arrive (and about 50-95 cents a pop from China). Be the Martha Stewart of tank lighting on your block and everyone will bow to the luminescent abundance burning threw your windows in the evening. Oh, and you can get the shimmer effect just like HO metal halide too. I will post that link for the led bars soon if you rather not be Martha.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

how many PAR are the lights? how long have the root tabs been there? is there any co2? what is the substrate? is there an excessive amount of algae? how many water changes do you do? are you dosing any liquid ferts or dry ferts also?

there are a lot more questions that need to be answered to figure this out.

''To screw up a 180g does not take much, to fix up a screwed up 180g is an effort beyond most mortals.''
first planted tank 180g

(I'm 13
)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode