Amazing new substrate - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/100%)
Amazing new substrate

Just kidding I found this playsand and had to take a snapshot with the phone. Just think, you could cap your clown puke gravel with clownpuke sand! Yes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	substrate.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	7735  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)
I'm all over it! Where do I sign.....?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
OMG its awesome! ill put pink gravel, accent with green sand, and then plant a whole bunch of neon-colored plastic plants to cut up my fishes fins! and of course, dont forget the artificial driftwood!

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to nate_mcnasty
this sand would make toughs crazy colored dino's look like it's there natural environment hahaha

slowly but surly

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I was thinking of getting the neon green and having a sweet pink "river" going through it. No more foreground headaches!
Now all I need is a little ceramic flamingo.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

They sell little ceramic flamingoes? Oh, I'm am so in on that too......

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I think it would contrast nicely with your snakes. You know, scary water snakes, blue and pink sand. Maybe one of those pirate chest bubbler things.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I saw that stuff at home depot two years ago. Might have been the same brand but not sure. The colours are the same though. Too bad it doesn't come in black. I was seriously going to try it in pink but didn't.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelysa View Post
I think it would contrast nicely with your snakes. You know, scary water snakes, blue and pink sand. Maybe one of those pirate chest bubbler things.
Are You married? I mean we are just, like, so much on the same wavelength here.....I was thinking bubbling diver, but, hey, why not both!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ultra married. With a husband that would be seriously MIFFED if I suddenly made a pink themed nano for the bathroom.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Awww, shucks! Guess I'll just have to set up another tank to help fill the days.........maybe I'll call it:

"The Fourescent Rainbow"!

Huh? Huh? Whaddaya think?

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ooooh yes, it's true. I got some, mixed it with white sand and voila, fake river.
The sand is suuuuuuper clean, when I rinsed it, it was clear. I wonder what they use to color it though. I'm assuming it's whatever they use to color the clownpuke gravel.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/at...ition-1gal.jpg
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 AM

PTrader: (-1/0%)
I would seriously consider a touch of colored sand in a non planted tank, tacky can be good, in moderation and when its done intentionally, then it is called kitsche!

plus my son would probably love some neon green sand to go with his tiki guys

It is a craptacular cell phone pic, but you can see the tiki cup pots and the pirate skeleton and the pirate ship...god its awful, but its in his room and it makes him happy and more interested in the whole thing so whatever floats his boat!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I would have killed for a tank like that when I was a kid!

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 AM

PTrader: (-1/0%)
This picture doesnt do its over the topness justice, I finally found my camera cable so I am charging it tonight and will post real pics in the morning...the guppies are pretty though!

It is dollar store tiki man nut cups, some awful pirate skeleton on clearance from petco and a pirate ship also on clearance but I refuse to hook up the bubble thing that makes it rock back and forth.

It has a certain charm to it, and I supposed its better than clown puke. And I did manage to put plants in it even though plants are "for girls"

But I think some green or blue sand might actually work in this tank!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode