its a disease people! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (-1/0%)
its a disease people!

I started out with one ten gallon about 3 months ago, then realized it wasnt big enough to do anything with so I bought one of the eclipse 12 gallon kits, then we got my son a 6 gallon to house a single puffer that is still cycling while I learn about brackish plants and puffers.
then I found the big tank set up on craigslist a few weeks ago and snatched it up...then over the weekend my folks gave me their ten gallon from forever ago because what i needed was another tank
it is a disease and apparently it is contagious !!

10 gallon AGA kit 39.99
eclipse 12 kit on sale 69.99
70 gallon with stand, hoods and filter $100
6 gallon pieced together for about 30 dollars
second ten gallon free
extra filters and heaters/media and misc about $100

that doesnt include fish or plants but really its not too bad considering we have 4 tanks full of water in various stages of habitation lol.

Last edited by Justbeginningfish; 05-08-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: I can't type!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Yes it is. Im in the midst of researching a SW tank right now lol. I also got two 10g's sewt up, one with Zebra Danios(planted) and the other with a Breeding pair of Paradise Fish(planted). My mom is going to buy me a 55g and I am thinking about a large fish such as an Oscar or something with driftwood and rocks and some large swords. Not to mention a Divided 10g tank for keeping Male Bettas when I get the funds for that too.

I do have to comment about your brackish adventures. You do realize that all Brackish puffers will get way too large for a 6g tank and it would be better off as a freshwater.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (20/100%)
It's called MTS, Multi Tank Syndrome. The more severe (and 100% incurable) is MRS, or Multi Rack Syndrome (as in have shelves upon shelves of tanks!) Then there's the less well known, but still out there, disease of BALFSOS, AKA, Becoming A Local Fish Store Owner Syndrome

Hope that helps

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
yep, i had 1 3/4 gallon pathetic excuse for a tank; then i got an eclipse 6 instead, then i got an additional betta bowl, then i replaced the bowl with a 2.5 gallon minibow. then i switched the minibow with an eclipse 3. then i set the minibow back up. then i got a 20L. after that i got a 10gal and bred bettas in it. after that i set it up as a planted tank. then i had to tear it down as well as the minibow. but meanwhile the eclipse 6 became a nano-reef. i also have a leopard gecko and am considering getting day geckos. when i get my own house its gonna be a zoo no doubt.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (-1/0%)
oops i didnt write that very clearly...the puffer would go in the 12 gallon and shrimp/snails to feed the puffer in the 6
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
What kind of puffer is it going to be btw? Brackicsh puffers need 20L-40G minimums(varies on species). If its a dwarf pffer dont worry about making it brackish .

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate_geek View Post
It's called MTS, Multi Tank Syndrome. The more severe (and 100% incurable) is MRS, or Multi Rack Syndrome (as in have shelves upon shelves of tanks!) Then there's the less well known, but still out there, disease of BALFSOS, AKA, Becoming A Local Fish Store Owner Syndrome

Hope that helps
its sad to say but this is true got my first rack today to house a 20l 2x 10 and a 6.6l then i have the 29 and a 125 i still have to set up,all the tanks are in the works though there was a 180 gallon tank and stand on craigslist for FREE today and my wife looked like she wanted to punch me for even asking lol
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)
That is the truth its an addiction. I have 2 75gal, 2 29gals, 2 20gal longs, 1 20h, 6 10's and 2 5's. And now adding a native tank for some orange throat darters I'll pick up this weekend.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
The Twelve Steps of Aquaria Anonymous:

1. We admitted we were powerless over aquaria - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to aquariaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
susankat, you're amazing. i mean 15 tanks wow...
i got 6 and i felt overwhelmed sometimes.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusIt'sWhats4DinneR View Post
The Twelve Steps of Aquaria Anonymous:

1. We admitted we were powerless over aquaria - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to aquariaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

EASY DOES IT
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I had a 75, then added a 10 for feeders, then a 28 bowfront. Finally got a 210, but the wife said I had to get rid of the others. Gave the 10 to my niece, sold the 75, and so far still have the 28. She might let me keep this, depending on what I want to do with it.

210 g - Empty right now
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
I have been suffering from the same thing for over 40 years. The only cure is "Just one more tank"
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
LOL I don't find I have this problem at all. I started Saltwater fist with a simple 2.5G mantis tank. THen went straight to building two rimless 33 gallon tanks one planted and the other a reef. Two beautiful tanks is al I need. But Corals is my crack as Some cost a lot of $$$ and I "Just need one more"

I think I'm a noob
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
At one time I had a 90 gallon reef in the bedroom, 29 gallon reef in the den, 29 gallon for a baby arowana, 10 gallon reef, 40ish gallon hex for SA cichlids, 55 gallon African cichlids tank...

I am down to a 75 gallon planted now. Kidded (aka tested waters) with wife about starting a 55 gallon reef, she punched me.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode