aquariumplants.com - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (104/100%)
aquariumplants.com

hi.. I purchased a uv sterilizer from them on thursday night.. the coralife turbotwist at a good price with shipping. I get a call from them on friday and he tells me that they don't carry them anymore. I said then why do you still have it on your website and allow orders to be placed. He said that they need to take it down.. well duh! He tried to get me to take a different brand and I said no.. just give me a refund. he still tried to get me to take a different one.. and again I said no. He said he would refund the money right away. here it is over a day later and still no refund. I paid paypal so it only takes a second to do it. this pisses me off. first you don't carry it anymore... then take a different brand you don't want.. and then no refund! I won't buy from them anymore..

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
The guy (owner?) over there can be a bit pushy - I ordered a light from them a month or two ago and he decided that he was going to try and talk me into purchasing an Icecap ballast (and endcaps, etc) instead of the sunlight supply lights I had intended to order (and in fact did order). Of course when I went to view my account it listed the Icecap ballast, etc. and not my sunlight supply fixtures. I called to have them refund it, but it took 4+ days for them to get the order correct. Similarly, the first refund they did was for the wrong amount. Also, he tried to tell me that the price they had for the sunlight supply fixtures online was incorrect, and tried to charge me an additional $15/fixture above what it was listed for on the website (oddly enough, the product # was also incorrect, so when I did order these they still displayed wrong on my account, so I had to call and call and call to get it fixed - they weren't answering their phones despite it being business hours). I happened to find them the next day for $15 cheaper, and inquired about price matching. I never heard back.

Every time I called this guy tried to pitch me a different product, including their substrate/fertilizer system. He wouldn't tell me much about the substrate when I asked, and said he "guaranteed" success only if I used it in conjunction with their root tabs. I HATE pushy salesman.
I may order from them in the future, but if i do I will definitely be prepared to stand my ground and not be talked into anything else by this guy.

In fairness, I do think you'll get your refund (i think they run a totally legit business, they're just aren't good at listening to customers in my opinion). If you're easily persuaded or talked into things, then I would try and avoid AP.com.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

no me.. I will stand my ground! That is total bs what they did to you! I guess I won't buy from them again.. there are alot of places out there to get equipment and plants. I will just pay a little more for the principle of things.

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
their plants can be good sometimes. but once i got moss that was all brown, not one live peice.

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

Like I said, things worked out fine; they eventually responded and got me my refund and shipped me the proper product (I was worried they'd charge me a 20% restocking fee but they didn't, which was nice). I just don't understand why he continually tries to talk customers into buying things they don't want (or at least don't inquire about)...it seems a bit odd.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Bought some plants from them a while back......never again.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

What's your story, if I amy ask? I've heard mostly good things about their plants.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
I just recently bought a square foot of micro sword and it looks wonderful. I have been having an issue with another company however, but I am not allowed to say who it is. You really can never go wrong with Foster and Smith, That Pet Place or Big Al's. I just bought a UV sterilizer turbo-twist from Big Al's and it came fast and no problems at all. Maybe it all depends what you're getting, huh?
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I think in my case he wanted to talk me into a different one to keep the sale there instead of me going somewhere else. but the more he talked.. the more I wanted my money back.

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to CLEVEsports420 Send a message via Yahoo to CLEVEsports420
I guess everyones gettin screwed around with sterilizers lately, I feel your pain.

Fluval Pimp #1
(aka Pimp Daddy Fluval)

"The only thing nessecary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEVEsports420 View Post
I guess everyones gettin screwed around with sterilizers lately, I feel your pain.
lmao! not really though.. sad. guess that is why they call it a turbo twist!

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (18/100%)
what online vendor out there now that we can trust? first azgardens.com sucks now this?
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
swap n shop

AB can be good (depending on the seller).

and the LFS where you can hold your product and say "no i want THAT box, not this one"

My Tanks:

-
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Wow! I had a totally different experience with them. I ordered online and put down my home zip code when I should have used my shops. The owner called me the next day (Monday) and got me to correct it in time for shipping out that day. No pushy sales at all and the plants are awesome.

I don't think you can go by what someone else says or one bad experience. I'm alreadt planning my next purchase.

Eheim Pimp Club Member #287

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ken, you know I have spent $$ there, and zero problems. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

210 g - Empty right now

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode