Eggs again. Just a few questions (pg.2) Thanks! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Eggs again. Just a few questions (pg.2) Thanks!

Ok i was looking at my aquarium and i noticed some white stuff on my amazon sword plant. after looking at them for a while i noticed they were EGGS! I have never dealt with this kind of thing before and i think it was my angelfish because she (i think) has been by it for a long while. how should i deal with them? how do i know when their fertilized.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SeaSerpant; 11-16-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Here's some pictures of them. help me plz. i think the angel in the last pic was the egg giver.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 01:37 AM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSerpant View Post
Ok i was looking at my aquarium and i noticed some white stuff on my amazon sword plant. after looking at them for a while i noticed they were EGGS! I have never dealt with this kind of thing before and i think it was my angelfish because she (i think) has been by it for a long while. how should i deal with them? how do i know when their fertilized.
From the best of my knowledge on this topic, unless you don't have any large snails, they are most likely your Angel's eggs. If so, leave them alone, and if there's anything in the tank that could find them as a nice meal, or threaten their security, take them out. (that is if you WANT them to hatch)

I'm not 100% on this so I'd say google it or search it here for some reassurance.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

K i will. i don't have anything asides from some other angelfish and gouramis that might be trouble but it looks like their well protected. i have no snails in my tank and hopefully never will. i want them to hatch but i don't know what to do with them if they do.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

any more ideas of what to do?

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/86%)
are you really ready to raise angels? It is not easy. Just let them get eaten. Your going to need huge grow out tanks to raise them as well as lots of WC and growing BBS ect

This user has been suspended indefinitely due to the abuse of the Swap and Shop forum.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

k then i will wait till i get my 120 to actually raise them and then sell them. i know who the pretty couple is though.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I agree- raising angels can be even more difficult than raising discus b/c angels have been domesticated so long most of the angels in the hobby have lost their parenting instincts. If yours do tend to the eggs and fry though that would be pretty cool!

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

well it looks like the eggs have already rotted and have died so i'll wait for the next batch.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/86%)
white eggs are bad anyway i think...good ones are clear. I am be wrong!!

This user has been suspended indefinitely due to the abuse of the Swap and Shop forum.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

your right.

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Planted Member

My angels lay eggs every two or three weeks. I did manage do hatch them once, but none survived. Maybe I'll try it again sometime for fun. But you need to setup stuff for breeding, not just do it in your display tank.

33G: Eheim 2224, Finally have pressurized Co2 and Reactor
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
White eggs are bad. Typicaly the angels should pick the white ones off and eat them so that they don't rott and spread fungus to the good eggs which are transparent.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Thanks guys. if i do try and breed them i'd put them in a qt tank (if i get one).

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Sorry Double post. (real one pg.2)

Thanks
Jonathan/SeaSerpant

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode