Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
KJC

PTrader: (0/0%)
Arrow Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae

Hi
I jest got a new 50 gallons aquarium. I am planning to jest have all types of Barbs in the aquarium. Also I want to have grass about 5-6 inches inches my aquarium. I am thinking about Micro Sword Narrow Leaf (Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae). My plans to have about 60% of my aquarium substrate cover.
I am open to All specs for tank and kind of substrate. I want for the Barbs and Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae to be ok together?
Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae
Family: Apace
Continent: Australia
Country of origin:New Zealand
Height: 2.4-4.7 bandwidth: 2+ in
Light requirements: medium-high at least 2 watts per gallon of light supplied by full spectrum (5000-7000K) bulbs.
12 Hours pre day
Temperature: 59-79 °F
Hardness tolerance: soft-hard
pH tolerance: 6-8
Growth: slow
Will this work with Barbs? slow growth I'm ?

Last edited by KJC; 04-24-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Welcome to TPT!

You didn't say anything about your tank specs- what kind of substrate, lighting, will you be using CO2, etc?

There's no reason you can't grow microsword in a tank with Barbs; as long as the tank is set up to meet the requirements of plants.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Not sure if I understand your post completely. Are you saying you don't want grass-type plants that are over 5" tall?

I've grown L. novae-zelandiae in three substrates: AquaSoil; Turface; and gravel. It did well in all but the plain gravel. It is very slow to establish but once it does it will spread everywhere...even through mounds of moss tied to rocks...

In my 40g tank it was grown under a pair of 96w PC bulbs with pressurized CO2 and auto dosed ferts. Under these conditions it took over a month to show any signs of spreading.

—Bill

|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode