New here, with a question. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New here, with a question.

Hello, a few months ago i set up a 20 gal planted tank.I have a t5 light bar with 1-10kk bulb and 1-6.7 kk bulb. Im useing florite as a substrate.PH is about 6.7, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites. I have a patch of micro sword planted (lilaeopsis maurritius) for about a month now. Problem is that its starting to turn a little yellow. i set up a diy c02 system, in hopes that would correct the problem. It hasnt.I know its hard to say for sure what my problem might be, but im open for any input. Thanks PS , glad to join the community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Welcome to the Planted Tank! You'll find the forums an indispensable source of knowledge with many people willing to contribute. Always remember to do a search with the search tool before you ask a question, just in case it's been answered in the past.

As for your situation, do you have readings on nitrates? I suspect that the yellowing is due to a nutrient deficiency. You mention that you have two T5 bulbs, as well as DIY CO2, but did not mention anything about nutrients. Are you currently dosing your macros and micros?

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

I have not yet added any supplements.I had a idea this may be the problem. Ill have to pick up a nitrate test kit , so i dont have any readings on that.Dosing a tank should be safe for a much loved band of guppies, a few otto cats and a few shrimp? Before i jump right into it i will do some reserch on the matter. Im open to any suggestions on good products to use.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 04:23 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Dosing a tank is fine, many people do it with different kinds of fish, and they are fine.

Some people prefer to go with a commercial brand of fertilizers (i.e. Seachem), while others prefer to use dry chemicals. The latter is cheaper to use, and lasts much longer.

Rex Grigg's site is a good resource for information regarding nutrients.

http://www.rexgrigg.com/ferts.htm

Anthony

and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Cool, the link was very helpful. Ill let ya know how it turns out. Thanks again
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Aquascaper = Artist

PTrader: (104/100%)
what is the wattage of the light?

75 Gallon Planted Tank.

Filstar Pimp #136

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

24 each

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode