eheim liquidoser and excel? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (9/100%)
eheim liquidoser and excel?

I'm looking for an alternative to CO2 for a 75 gallon tank. The tank is a customers and I'm there once a week. Is the Eheim Liquidoser something I should look into? Would it dose enough Excel to do any good in a 75 gallon? What other fertilizers should I be dosing? I'm using Flourish tabs in the flourite bed.

The tank is running 3.4 WPG and is pretty full of plants. I'm not looking to get huge growth but would like to maintain the lush look. I thought about going with CO2 but not being there every day to maintain it worries me.

Thanks for your input. Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:30 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Ted,

If you go co2, there are fully automated units that allow you to run the co2 without being there. I run automated on my tank and all I do is check it once a week to make sure there is still co2 in the tank. I fill the tank about once every 5 to 6 months ( 5#bottle) and if you turn the co2 down a little you could probably get a year out of it, and keep the plants happy but not explosive. If your customer is willing to pay for the system you can get one for around $350.00 less co2 tank (about $85.00 at a welding supply place for the first fill, then around $18 to 20 for refills), kinda pricey at first, but worth it in my opinion in the long run! This is the one I have http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...33&pcatid=9933

I have never really had good luck with autodosers, they seem to always die on me, but the automated CO2 system has never failed me and been running over a year on my 75 gallon, with great success.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
That is a nice system for Drs Foster and Smith but you really don't need all that stuff. Read RexGrigg.com site. He also sells systems. I got mine from him and it was a lot cheaper and of very good quality.
Joe

10 gallon hospital tank.
29 & 50 gallon - High Tech C02 enriched.
50 gallon Pond - Natural.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode