I've been pulling myself in several directions financially so I need to wrangle my spending a bit... I have a few Fish related projects that all require some purchases... so i thought I'd run them by you guys and see what you would do first if you were in my position (I put my Big Als Order on hold after I thought some things through)
My 135 Gallon tank
- This tank has nothing but Crypts and Java Ferns in it, and thats probably how its going to stay. I want to get the plants growing a little faster so this is going to involve the purchase of more light... and CO2... Tank is currently lit with 3 x 55 Watt GE 9325K CF Bulbs, and 2 x 40 watt Hagen Powerglo's. Currently filtered with just one Aquaclear 500 with minimal surface agitation.
- 3 more GE 55 Watt CF Bulbs
- Eheim Pro 2 2128 Thermofilter (I need to get my heaters out of the tank, my fish keep breaking them)
- AquaMedic CO2 Reactor 1000
- AquaMedic CO2 Regulator (w/needle valve)
- 20/30lb CO2 Tank
Thats quite an expensive list... But I can cover off everything but the Eheim in about 3 weeks. If I can't though.. what should I start with? I'm thinking lights (I have a spare Workhorse 7 Ballast kicking around I can drive them with). I could even buy the lights today maybe...
My 90 Gallon tank
- This tank is running very smoothly, but will need a bigger filter sometime soon. I'd also like to get more wood in this tank and build a large wood wall up the back. I am using Mopani only in this tank though and it will cost a bit. The lighting also needs improving, currently I have 7 3 foot T8's over this tank that are not the most optimal for plant growth. They look nice, but have a slight yellow hue that you get with a lot of cheaper commercial bulbs.
- 5 x 3' Hagen Power Glo Bulbs
- Aquaclear 500