So my plan to get rid of the GW is to:
1) significantly reduce the light
2) change out 25% of the water daily for idk how long...
3) after changing the water dose with Flourish Excel (so the plants can use the light that does come in, and I've read that algae doesn't like Excel?
4) stop the use of all other ferts, although there must be some that are ok to continue? please let me know if there are
5) after changing the water dose with API's ALGAEFIX (it says it won't harm fish or plants , and hopefully not snails)
I caught the GW early, so hopefully this will do the trick.
thanks guys for all your help in this, any other suggestions?