Tank update 1..Amano shrimps are eating my glosso? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tank update 1..Amano shrimps are eating my glosso?

Hello everyone its been 3 weeks since I started this tank,, I added few more plants and right now I am satisfied on how its looking.
I have a problem with my glosso but first a quick recap, the first week I noticed that my glosso are growing upwards so I remove the lighting rack, the last time I did this, I grew staghorn algae! But this time I bought a powerhead and amano shrimps! I love the amano shrimps!!They exceeded my expectations! they cleaned my dusty plants in 1 night! Oh yeah I also trimmed the glosso and plant the ones I trimmed, since I heard that it will also carpet that way.

This is how my current tank looks like.
the glosso started growing vertically, but not all of them though, I still need to do some trimming and planting, but so far it looks great!!the thing is I started to notice holes in the leaves of my glosso! is it possible that my amano shrimps are eating them?

Im not an expert but my theory is the shrimps are eating the bad leaves? I mean if you look closely at this picture you will notice some yellowish spots on the glosso leaves its hard to see since Im using a phone but you will probably see it clearer if I turn my Led lighting to night mode here it is the spots you are seeing arent holes, theyre yellow spots, so what do you think the cause of it?

Btw Im from japan so I dose japanese fertilizer its all in one kinda like seachem flourish but Im not japanese so I dont know what the contents are,, If this thing gets worse Im planning to buy seachem products from amazon internationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (42/98%)
i'm guessing the amano's are eating the dead or dying leaves. That could be from the plants converting to submerged growth, a deficiency, or from some sort of physical damage when you were pruning. Just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse then I would go with a deficiency.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Im new to this hobby, what would you think is a possible deficiency for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (42/98%)
Hi,
I would probably just double my N,P,and K and wait a week and see what happens. But then again i'm an EI guy so i don't have much experience with deficiencies. There is guy on this forum named Zapins(i think thats his name) that is really good figuring out deficiencies and toxicities. Maybe you could PM him and see what he thinks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode