I'm ready to finalize my order from F&S - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (5/100%)
I'm ready to finalize my order from F&S

I know others have recommended different places to order from but I like the customer service I have always gotten from F&S when I ordered for my dog supplies. I know they will stand by their products and replace without question. They ship very promptly. So maybe I could shop around and get a few dollars off here and there but this is easiest for me.

That being said I have decided to stick with my 20H and make it a low light planted. I'm going to go with the Eco-complete because I don't like the colors of the Flourite F&S offer.

I've decided on the Nova Extreme T5 24" fixture. I have a TopFin 40 HOB filter. Visa Therm heater. I love tiny bubbles so may add some kind of bubble ornament. I've ordered Fourish and Flourish Excel.

My plants should arrive Monday. I bought some RCS from the "swap and shop". I have transferred all fish inhabitants to my 55g. The tank is ready to be revamped.

Anything else I should order before I finalize it?

Thanks
Pam B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
If you want black substrate, I would get Tahitian Moon Sand over Eco. Eco is more of a grayish color. I use TMS in my low-tech tank and I love it.

Also, I would recommend getting some of the Flourish plant tabs.

Morgan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7 gallon in the works ~ planted ~ CPO's & Gardneri Killifish
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Forceps/tweezers and maybe the 3 bag package of Seachem Purigen.

Relatively inexpensive but useful items that you may as well squeeze into the order if you can.

<edit> Btw the excel is available in 2 and 4 liter jugs at a great price, if thats not what you already had planned to order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

OK I added the forceps/scissors Aquatic Gardener Large 27-1/4" -- I looked at the other Tropic Isle Tahitian Moon Sand

It looks nice but does it have the same nutrients in it as Eco Complete?

I want to do the play sand thing in the middle like a road or path through the aquarium.
PB
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (30/100%)
the Tahitian Moon Sand doesn't do anything as far as nutrients for the plants. Eco is far superior when it comes to that. good luck

Matthew

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (71/100%)
I'm with "doxikota" with F&S for their customer service. I've returned stuff no questions asked from there and they have very nice and personable people there. I order from them at least once or twice a month.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

OK I will stick with the ECO. I hope things work out. I've been wasting all this time thinking about a planted Aquarium when I have an appointment with AKC on Tuesday after work. They need to go through my litter records and DNA all my dogs. Don't be alarmed as I'm not a puppy mill! They randomly pick breeders to ensure that their breeding practices are pure and their records coincide. I think a planted aquarium would be less time consuming and less policed. I know from experience that they bark less.
PB
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Do you have any sort of canopy yet? I have the same fixture that you're getting and am very pleased. They reccomend that you have a canopy between the fixture and water, because it does not sit very high off the tank. If you have plans of building your own canopy though, you can just disregard this whole message.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu712 View Post
Do you have any sort of canopy yet? I have the same fixture that you're getting and am very pleased. They reccomend that you have a canopy between the fixture and water, because it does not sit very high off the tank. If you have plans of building your own canopy though, you can just disregard this whole message.
FWIW...I've been running the 48" model over an open top aquarium for quite a long time now will no ill effects other than the need to wipe off a few water spots now and then.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

I thought I could just put it on my covered hood in place of the light that is already there?? If that works then I might buy 2 more to put on my 55g.

PB

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode