Fluval Flora or Spec-V? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Flora or Spec-V?

I want to get my dwarf puffer a nice new home. He is doing well in his current 5G but I want a nicer looking setup for him.

I was thinking of either the Fluval Flora or the Spec V.

Your thoughts?

=LIC= (Large Inverts Club)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
I like my spec V a lot. It has a nice adjustable flow on the filter and the light is just strong enough to grow some low light stuff. The glass is nice and it looks larger than just 5 gallons. I hardly touch my tank at all and it just works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Algae Grower

Depends are you trying to grow live plants?
If so the flora comes with a stronger light and a basic CO2 setup.
If not the Spec-V is nice I have 2 of them.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Anthony, I'd consider bumping up to something larger in order support two more of them. They are not schooling fish, but they are very intelligent and have their own social mannerisms. I spawned some years back and they did better in groups as long as they were all fed well and provided copious broken lines of sight.

|||
|||
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Algae Grower

Fluval flora just doesn't seem like a great investment to me. I like the size and shape, but I don't like the look of the internal filter stuck to the glass. I also don't like the expensive and wasteful cartridge CO2 system it comes with. If I got it, I'd end up using a new filter and DIY CO2 and I could create the setup from scratch much cheaper than buying the Fluval.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerofthemoon View Post
Anthony, I'd consider bumping up to something larger in order support two more of them. They are not schooling fish, but they are very intelligent and have their own social mannerisms. I spawned some years back and they did better in groups as long as they were all fed well and provided copious broken lines of sight.
I'm only keeping one now. My other one got a fungus and didn't make it.

And I'm only planning on keeping some short trimmed corkscrew val and java moss and ferns

=LIC= (Large Inverts Club)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW8822 View Post
I'm only keeping one now. My other one got a fungus and didn't make it.

And I'm only planning on keeping some short trimmed corkscrew val and java moss and ferns
I understand you have one currently, my recommendation was to go up to 3.

|||
|||

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode