Can anyone Recommend a Good/Cheap Bubble Counter? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Can anyone Recommend a Good/Cheap Bubble Counter?

I just bought the 50mm in-tank atomic CO2 atomic diffuser from GLA, so I can't use the water that seeps in to my ceramic diffuser anymore. The one that came with my Aquatek Mini paintball regulator didn't seem to be very reliable. I'm looking for something functional but cheap. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 04:32 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
I'm a bit confused; you are looking for a bubble counter that does not seep water into your diffuser? Why are you trying to prevent water from entering the diffuser? It will be inside the aquarium.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Sorry I am just looking for a bubble counter. The way I have it set up now, my ceramic diffuser has water in it so it acts like a bubble counter..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Get the JBJ brass bubble counter and connect it to your regulator.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Do you know if the JBJ bubble counter will attach to my Aquatek Mini PB regulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
Get the JBJ brass bubble counter and connect it to your regulator.
Anyone have experience with the ST International Bubble Counter they sell on Amazon?

Amazon.com: ST International AQUARIUM Co2 HANGING BUBBLE COUNTER with Check Valve: Pet Supplies

Last edited by Darkblade48; 04-19-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeBean View Post
Do you know if the JBJ bubble counter will attach to my Aquatek Mini PB regulator?
Looks like it should fit from the picture but I have no experience with that particular regulator.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I know the Mr Aqua bubble counter fits on the Aquatek mini so I'd assume that one does too.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I just bought a bubble counter and its the same diameter as my tubing, doesn't even fit and they are both from the same company!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I like the Fluval bubble counter for price at around $7 but it also has some features which I like better. One is that it is placed inline in the tubing rather than mounted solid above the reg and other equipment. Mounting the bubble counter and liquid directly above the stuff you want to keep dry is really not a very good plan in my experience. That relies totally on a check valve working flawlessly to prevent the liquid running down into the other parts. How often do mechanical things work flawlessly? I like it much better when I have the bubble counter and liquid placed away from other things. That also lets me put the bubble counter where I want it by simply adding more tubing. Cheap and easy but it also makes it easy to check and removes the danger of breaking it when I change tanks. When the bubble counter water is all gone due to the gas passing, it is a simple matter to unscrew the lid slightly to let tank water refill the counter. While it is made of cheap plastic, it does have nice locking fittings at the top to hold the tubing very nicely.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode