Heard of the Petswarehouse lawsuit? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I happened accross the following site and I couldn't believe my eyes! Some people from a message board were sued for discussing their negative experiences with this particular company. Take a look and judge for yourself. They even have all of the original threads that were the focus of the complaint. Does this mean that we have to be careful about what we say? Maybe you guys have already discussed this, in which case, maybe one of the moderators could just brief me as to whether or not we can speak freely! Check it out:
http://www.petswarehouse.com/AquariumPlants.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
This is so absurd!! You'll notice that he has just about lost, every claim. Yeah you have to be careful, Rex here could tell you a thing or two about this with another company, in fact if you go to his faq section on his website it discusses something similar. I cannot believe this though, I mean I see sites dedicated to opinions of online retailers all over the net, one that comes to mind is epinions.com and there doesn't seem to be a bunch of Internet companies scrambling to sue the opinion givers.

The guy just had a bad attitude, instead of listening to the opinions and changing his business practices, he just got uglier as a online retailer. You know it's funny too if you think about it, if someone was lauding the online retailer, they would want it published in every magazine ad they could manufacturer.

29 Gallon Standard Moderate Light Planted tank
Lighting: 2x27 Watt 6500k P.C. Lights of America Outdoor Fixtures. 2x 20 Watt N.O. Flor. w/ Sylvania Gro Bulbs (9350k I think). Both are retrofited into a diy 12" tall canopy, with a 4" Diameter Clip on fan facing the opening in the back to circulate the excessive heat from the lighting.
Filtration: Tetra Tech 150 (modified to make very little disturbance.
Aquarium Systems Mini-jet for more circulation.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:06 PM

PTrader: (9/100%)
There has been much talk about online vendor bashing.

Don't do it.

Don't do it here.

We've had a few scrapes here as well.

Like my momma sais. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything."

PS. this thread is now locked.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
When you registered, whether you realize it or not, you made the following agreement:
Quote:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Note the underlined "slanderous". We will delete any posts that we deem slanderous, but do encourage people to post feedback about their experiences with various companies. Not for the sake of exercising free speech, either. If a company mistreats its customers, I want my fellow hobbyists to know about it. If you don't have the tact and class to inform your fellow hobbyists about any issues you had without being slanderous, then the post won't last more than a day. Usually less than a few hours.

Just don't let emotions get in the way. State facts and let others draw their own conclusions. Petswarehouse had a ton of customer service issues, but if people learned to keep emotions out of it, none of that mess would have happened.

- Sam P -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Low Tech Planted Nanos with Bettas
Former Tank Journals:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode