Hello I have a few questions and problems I need desperate help with. I have been reading around forums and such lately trying to find answers I have picked up a good amount of info but I am still kinda stuck on some things that would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out.
I am looking for some help to create maybe a general regimen for dosing and such and some tips. I know all tank are different and stuff but it would be very helpful if i had a general guide line for what I am currently running. I also heard consistency is key so that is why I need help.
I know all the basics on how to keep fish and my tank has been fully cycled for almost half a year. Just a rookie with the pressurized c02 and high tech for planted tanks.
I am open to all advice. Links to other related posts helps too.
Ill List my setup to maybe help out.
- 10G Tank
- Aquaclear 20 (Foam, 2 bags of bio balls, Filter floss). Also has a prefilter.
- Fluval C02 20 Kit (with bubble counter, bubble checker, and ceramic c02 diffuser).
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RTMMTY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1- 20 lbs of Eco Complete substrate. (planning on getting some more).
- Air pump and air stone.
- Versa Top
(I work at a pet place so I just got them cheap).
- Seachem Iron
- Seachem Potassium
- Seachem Floruish
- Seachem Nitrogen
- Prime for water changes (currently done every 1 - 2 weeks).
: (I am pretty sure i have too many fish but the tetras i got a few extra for free so I took them).
- Gold Fish (My baby AKA my hobby stater, I know he's not were he belongs).
- 7 Diamond Neon Tetra
- Dwarf Bristle nose Pleco (one of the smaller plecos I forget exactly which one).
- 2 Cory Cats (Getting rid of them because my gold fish bullied them, yet he is fine with my tetras).
: (Looking for lots of plants and ideas).
Looking for a carpet plant also cant pick what I want.
4 Amazon Swords (Got them for really cheap).
Current Regimen (Sloppy)
- 30% Every 1-2 weeks (Gravel Vac, Glass Scrubber, Prime).
- Dose the recommended amount for my tank on each product after every water change.
- Once at night (Pinch of each New Life Spectrum Community, and New Life Spectrum Small Fish).
- All 4 lights on for around 10 hours which I just cut back to about 8 due to having some algae bloom.
(Hooked up to a timer).
- I am currently running about 1 bps at about 9 hours i shut it off an hour before my lights go off. (the ceramic diffuser is all the way at the bottom) I was reading that maybe I should up my c02 dosing to help combat the algae? bubble checker is usually about a solid green.
No3 - 40 ppm
NO2 - 0 ppm
PH - 6.0
KH - 40 ppm
GH - 60 ppm
So I read up about excess nutrients create algae and high lighting basically. Also that plants help against algae by using the extra nutrients first and that I should probably up my c02 dosing to help combat the algae and lower the amount of time with lights.
1. How much lighting and how long?
2. How much c02 and how long?
3. How much of each nutrient I should put in and/or how to test to find a good way to figure it out. Also how often.
4. How often should I do a water change for a planted tank.
5. Should I take the plants out of the pots or it doesn't really matter?
6. Hints, Tricks, Advice.
All I can think of ATM. Thank you so much <3