floridadriftwood.com experiences... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (17/100%)
floridadriftwood.com experiences...

Anyone ever dealt with them? Is it a reliable site? I was thinking about purchasing some plants. Please share your experiences. Thank you

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 05:47 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (39/100%)
Thumbs down Floridadriftwood experience

Hi

I have dealt with them twice, the first time was about a year ago ,I ordered some plants it took sometime before I got my plants, I emailed them and then called them and they told me that the plants had been shipped ...they arrived about a week later the post mark was dated the day after my telephone call . Ok then I . I decided to try again the next time was about a few months ago did the same but this time I didn't get my plants,so I called and spoke with the owner and he said the reason why I had not received my plants was due to some of what I have ordered was out of stock , so I asked him if I was able to pick up the ones he had in stock . I was in Florida and was able to pass bye he said no that that the business was only internet based only so I asked him to send me what he had and then send the rest once he got them, he said ok then about a few days later I got all the plants that I ordered even the out of stock ones... they all died about 5 days later. Its up to you but I will never buy form him again
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I ordered a solonoid and didn't get it. After Paypal intervention he said he needed to "fix" part of it or "wait for a part". I asked why there was no notification and got the tap dance and then received the item promptly. Not a good experience as my situation was time sensitive . . . aren't they all??

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
I had similar experiences as the two above post. I can only speak for myself when I say I will never buy from the again... ever!

Dan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
With all due respect to the people who have participated in this discussion:

We at the TPT forum had some issues with Florida Driftwood a few years ago (think Petswarehouse).

We were threatened and not treated fairly. As a result we tried and will continue to try to eliminate all negative and positive discussion on that vendor. It is as if they do not exist.

Please feel free to contact me via PM if anyone feels the need.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode