yellowing leaves? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
i just transferred all my plants from a 29g to a 55 gal. anyways, some of the leaves on my cryptocoryne lutea are starting to turn yellow and the stems are melting. everything else is pearling and growing great. i have schultz aquatic plant soil mixed with gravel as a substrate. i use flourish tabs, flourish liquid, and leaf zone fertilizer. i have 2 two lamp shoplights using` 2 ge chroma 50s and 2 6700k ge daylight bulbs for a total of 160 watts. ph 7.2-7.4, kh 4-5. diy co2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Planted Member

Cryptocoryne don't like change and sometimes don't adapt well to different water parameters and/or being moved, even within the same tank. In some cases 'melting' is the result. If you have them where you want them, leave them alone and the odds are that they will regenerate in the future.

Len

Regards,
Len

HAVE DISCS - WILL TRAVEL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:37 AM

PTrader: (1/100%)
dogg76, is it possible for you to post a picture of your pearling plants? I've never seen one unless just after water change. Wondering if I have done something wrong with my tank... Thanks.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

sorry, i cant post pics.....wish i could though. all i have is webtv. sometimes my plants have little streams of bubbles coming out of certain leaves. my cryptocoryne does this too even though some of the leaves are yellowing. i think the pearling is mostly from all the light i have. they didnt pearl that much in my 29 but i had less lighting in it. i set the tank up this past sunday and i can already see algae starting to form on the glass. oh well...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 04:15 AM
2la

Snap the leaves off at the base at the slightest hint that they're going to die. No use keeping them on the plant, and they'll only add to the problem.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode