Questions about Pond Snails and MTS - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Questions about Pond Snails and MTS

Hi all, I am new here, so if there's a problem with my formatting or what have you, please be gentle, thanks.

I have a pond snail which hitchhiked on some plants...He was in a nano tank that crashed. I now have him in a new nano tank all by himself with lots of plants. Well, he/she? laid some eggs.

Anyhoo, the reason for the post is that I am having a hard time finding info about pond snails and I am wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction. I would also like to hear opinions on whether I should stick any of the new snails into my other tanks or if I will be facing a population explosion if I do so. I currently have an MTS population explosion in one tank, so I would really like to avoid it in the other tanks.

Which brings me to my other question...What is the best way to get rid of MTS? I tried the lettuce thing but it didn't work. Will cucumbers attract them?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode