Ferts? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Ferts?

So if I use flourite as my substrate, do I need additional fertilizers? I was thinking of getting some Flourish but that was it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
I use flourish once a week in my tank. I would actually recomend using Flourish Excel every week as ferts will be mostly covered by the fish. Since its low light the plants wont need additional ferts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
thanks a bunch!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Quote:
4. If I have a fancy substrate do I need to fertilize my plants?

If you have nice shoes do you still get hungry? While many of the specialty substrates have high levels of minerals they are very lacking in macro nutrients (see the fertilizer FAQ). So of course you still need to feed your plants.
Question number 4 from the Substrate FAQ at www.theplantedtankfaQ.com
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 07:06 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Your setup needs to be described for folks to better answer this. if your doing a high light, 4wpg, packed full of fast growing plants, etc, then you might be needing to add ferts daily for example. If you have a 1 standard flourescent bulb over a 55 and trying to grow java fern and java moss and are heavily stocked with messy fish, etc, you might not need much manually added ferts. So describe your setup; lighting (inculding bulb type and watts, reflector, etc.), if your using co2, and what kind of scape your after and plants you want, etc.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode