does it ever stop?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
does it ever stop??

My tank has only been up and running maybe a month, 2 months. and already I want to redesign the scape!! On the left its quite heavily planted and you cant really see whats going on, I want to get another bit of wood and more annubias. Although this would mean ditching quite a few stems of plants. My current annubia is starting to grow lots of roots and new leaves and ive fallen in love with them.

Does the rescaping every stop? :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
The next logical step of progress in this obsession is the dreded MTS. No not
Malaysian Trumpet snails...the dreded Multiple Tank Syndrome...LOL...enjoy...
My lease says that you may not have an aquarium larger than 10g.
Now did you read in there where it limits you to one ? We will see what happens if
or when they notice it...but till then...But everyone who has tanks has one for the living room and one for the bed room...right ?

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

haha fantastic. yup i deffo agree, have as many 10g as you see fit
when I was a kid living with rents my room was crazy. As well as reptiles and small mammals, I had my main fish tank and then my little newt tank and yet another tank.
And after uni I am finally free to get a fish tank. Which I did very quickly! But now i remember how obsessive it becomes... so many ideas filling my head, especially going through everyones tanks on this forum, so much inspiration

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/93%)
no it never stops, no matter how good it looks you will always want to change it and make it better. its a disease and you have now got it. like Raymond said, next disease is MTS, then FAS/PAS then SOL

-Jacklyn
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Haha I'm currently going thru MTS. I had sold all my tanks about 3 months ago and told myself I would only keep a nano 8 gallon tank. Well .... Petsmart was having a clearance sale and I picked up a fluval spec and I got an awesome deal on craigslist for a 40 gallon. It'll never stop lol
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
As long as plants keep growing you'll never want to stop re-scaping.
As long as you keep buying new plants you'll never want to stop re-scaping.
As long as you keep looking at other peoples tanks you'll never want to stop re-scaping.
As long as you keep going to fish forums and getting new ideas you'll never want to stop re-scaping.

Basically---you'll never want to stop re-scaping.

Trapperwolves

75 Gallon--Rainbow Fish Tank/Amano Shrimp
29 Gallon--Celestial Pearl Danios/Yellow Shrimp
20 Gallon--Ember Tetras/Orange Shrimp
10 Gallon--Chili Rasboras/Cherry Red Shrimp
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/95%)
Its better than crack right? That is my reply when my wife gives me that look as I am sneaking in another tank through the garage. She just laughs! She loves the tanks just as much as I do though hahaha.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

hehe

its lucky that im in a different country than my parents. all i can think about is all my old tanks at theirs, waiting for me to return and rescue them.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

yep, im currently relapsing into MTS. got rid of all but one, then i saw a sweet deal on a full set up and off i went again. welcome to the club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Nope, it only gets worse. For some more than others. I started with a small tank and now run 4 after really about 9 months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Lock away your money as soon as you get it! Patience is the key to the hobby, unfortunately I have none, my tanks been changed more times then its been fed!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
nope never, its the main reason I have so many tanks...to try and experiment with as many scapes as I can lol

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Here's how I started...the gf wanted a little fish bowl to put one goldfish in. I convinced her to get a 10 gallon kit from petsmart. I didn't like the look of fake plants so I tried a couple anubias species...6 months later I have 2 29 gallons 3 10 gallons, 2 20 gallon high, 1 40 breeder, 1 55 gallon. Some tanks have miracle grow capped with diamond blasting sand. Another tank has miracle grow, kitty litter, blasting sand. One tank I'm experimenting with DSM. It NEVER stops. Lol. All because the boss wanted a goldfish bowl...she's kicking herself now!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 12:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
If you are like me, you will decide to keep the stems and start another tank. Then you will do the same. And then again. The MTS is hard to kick and the more tanks you have, the easier it is to take some old equipment you have accumulated and set up even another.

After several years of that, I now just commit to a long term scape. I have two tanks but one has been going for many years and just gets trimmed, likely won't rescape it until it's totally done.

So for me, it did actually stop, just took a lot of time. Funny enough, all the money I spent, knowing I wanted a really high end tank, could have got me there many years ago. Now all the stuff I haven't given away is worthless for the most part. I would keep it simple as I found it to be a money pit as well as a lot of time.

-Matt

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzeedevl View Post
Here's how I started...the gf wanted a little fish bowl to put one goldfish in. I convinced her to get a 10 gallon kit from petsmart. I didn't like the look of fake plants so I tried a couple anubias species...6 months later I have 2 29 gallons 3 10 gallons, 2 20 gallon high, 1 40 breeder, 1 55 gallon. Some tanks have miracle grow capped with diamond blasting sand. Another tank has miracle grow, kitty litter, blasting sand. One tank I'm experimenting with DSM. It NEVER stops. Lol. All because the boss wanted a goldfish bowl...she's kicking herself now!
haha this is amazing! my boyfriend would never let me get away with so many tanks...although maybe when we have our own house and settle down i can get more under the guise of not having to move them around ever again.

talontsiwd- i have soooo much old equipment at my parents house, I could easily set up another tank without having to buy anything else, its making me burst at the seams thinking its all just sitting there

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode