So the other night I got fed up. I had an infestation of bladderwort and decided to just let it go for about a month to see what happened. Nothing good to say the least. So I tore out about 3 gal. of java moss (if bagged) and enough val. to replant 5 or 6 55 gal. generously. This is what I have now. Actually I really like the mono-species look of the tank, but after a week, I/it needs something more. I was really thinking it might look good with a very low carpet of something. A bit of red would be cool, but I can't seem to keep the reds red. I've got the light, the ferts, the gas, just no luck. They always go green. So here is what I have:
standard 55 gal.
marineland C330 canister with ehiem (sp.?) fit fit spray bar mounted vertically.
Maxijet 1200 powerhead. Heater in in-line.
48" 4X55watt. (2 running 6500 K and 2 running 50/50) 5 hrs. on, 5 hrs. off, 5 hrs. on 9 hrs. off.
Pressurized currently running during lights on only. Turned down since the tear out to 1 bubble every 2 seconds. Run through red sea 500 reactor.
Was dosing according to directions Yamato green. Have cut that in half until gone. Willing and currently able to go full on EI via. Watts. I have used root tabs in the past depending on the plant in question.
Top Fin, SORRY!, store bought gravel (I think medium sized). I foresee this being a problem as far as a good carpet goes.
I am sure I am missing something (like non-plant inhabitants), so ask if you would like to know.
EDIT: Sorry about the S#!T pics, it is the best I can muster up right now.