Flourish excel - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Flourish excel

Is anyone out there growing successful planted tanks using flourish excel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Planted Member

millions.....

Only bad things happen quickly.
A little allot is better than allot a little.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsack12 View Post
Is anyone out there growing successful planted tanks using flourish excel?

Not at the moment but I have many times in the past.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Algae Grower

My low tech, slow growing planted tank responded really well to excel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
I have anubias (several variety) had java fern NL vareity, two unidentified stem plant types, anacharis, hygrophilia sp. tiger, and some Cardamine lyrata. I use to have regular java fern, and a few varieties of mosses (morved/given away). Everything did fine with excel (did 1 ml per 10 gallons every day + other Seachem ferts)
I will say these plants did NOT like excel: ricca & val (jungle val). Had a huge blob of ricca, might have died from bleach dip.. but i think the Excel finished any remaining bits

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
it's simply one part of a much bigger puzzle so to say

-120g-
- Praecox Dwarf Rainbowfish, Glowlight Danio, Rummynose Tetra, Leopard Danio, Ember Tetra, Scarlet Badis, Anchor Catfish, Red Cherry Shrimp, Assassin Snail, Neirite Snail
-20G L -
- Celestial Pearl Danio, Dwarf Emerald Rasbora
Tank Journal (120):

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Okay good cause a lot of people are saying to get CO2 but I've heard of a lot of people using excel and being just fine
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 04:09 AM
Planted Member

ive had good plant growth with excel, but nothing compared to my diy co2.
i can only imagine what i would see with a proper co2 setup.

|
|
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 01:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It would depend on your light level ... if you have high light you need to use pressurized C02 otherwise you'll probably end up with way too much algae. If you have low light you can get by with just Excel.

Maybe all those people you're talking about have high light. If you want really fast growing plants, reds getting really red & a show tank scape then you might want to go the C02 route. Depends on the look you want to achieve in your tank & how much time you want to devote to it. High light/high tech is going to require a bit more work.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
I use excel and have had success growing vals. I think it just depends on how much and how often.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have an aquatic life t5 HO dual lamp with two 6700k bulbs on a 55 gal, so idk if that's considered high light
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Used excel for several months getting into planted tanks. However switching to compressed CO2 was single biggest improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Algae Grower

I have a 20 gallon with dual t5ho lights 6500k. My plants do fine with just excel. No co2.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
My low tech has really turned around with excel, some scaping and the help of this forum! Since using excel my low tech plants have never looked better. I do have to keep up on the fertz a lil more. also on a side note, Malaysian driftwood looks 10x better upside down!

Before:

After:

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
I have a 55g a well, I started off using excel. I have 2 65w CFLs @ 6500k I had some growth in the tank, but it was really meh and I was going through a lot of excel. I switched to DIY Co2 using 4 2L coke bottles and 1 gatorade bottle as a "sump" and the growth has been 10x what excel gave me. I think excel is great for smaller tanks, but with a 55 it gets to be a bit taxing. Now I just replace my 2liters every 3-4 weeks. Eventually I'll go full on pressurized but I'm content with the growth rate I get now.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode