Shelf Life of Tropica Plant Nutrition (TMG)? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (47/100%)
Send a message via AIM to imeridian
Shelf Life of Tropica Plant Nutrition (TMG)?

I use approximately 2.5 Liters of Flourish per year, so I buy the 2L bottles. It seems to darken by the time I get to the bottom of the jug, possibly degraded.

I did try TMG right after the name switch, and sort of want to give it a go again, now that I only have about 11 weeks worth of Flourish left. Unfortunately, as you know TPN/TMG now comes in gigantic 5L jugs, which would last me a pretty long time. Purchasing it by the half liter is just out of the question, financially speaking.

Is it wise or unwise to "stock up" in such a way on the TMG? I'm concerned that half way through it'll be degraded. With the sale at Big Al's coming to a close now would be the time to buy. Otherwise I suppose I'll just wait a bit longer and restock with Flourish.

I know that some folks 'swear by' TMG and have better results with it. I can't say that I've really noticed a big difference, but my growing skills were in their infancy at the time I tried it.

Well, update, I still haven't found any verifiable shelf life information other than someone on an old school newsgroup posting that 'Mr. Tropica' said it would last three years unopened or at least a year opened. Well, I decided to just not bother with it. It's such a shame there's nothing in between half a lifter and five liters... it'd be like buying pints of milk or gallons. You're losing one way or the other. I like that 2 quart size, heh!

Last edited by imeridian; 01-30-2008 at 10:44 AM. Reason: additional information being added

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode