Nualgi? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nualgi?

Anyone use Nualgi? Just saw a promo for it on a Facebook post. I'm getting some green algae on the inside glass of the 90 that takes some scrubbing to get off. The SAE and BN pleco work at it but it's too hard for them to get. Looks like this Nualgi is some kind of trace element/algicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Apparently no one hear has heard of this new product yet. I was asked by Nualgi to test their products and document the results. If I had more time I would have considered it. There are several people on youtube that have documented their results. Personally, I have been in the hobby for over 30 years and have done just fine without it. Not sure I want to purchase yet another product if it really isn't necessary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finnex Club #12
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 07:11 AM
DSP
Algae Grower

I recently became sponsored by nualgi and will be putting up many videos about it to share with everyone, Great stuff and great company, Take advantage of there free trial while you can because this stuff is hot!! You won't be disappointed,Eventually I'll be running it on every tank I have for sure.

-Seafari-

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

Interesting claim by their site, although it only mentioned replacing green and blue green, none on BBA. I'll give it a try when it becomes available.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSP View Post
I recently became sponsored by nualgi and will be putting up many videos about it to share with everyone, Great stuff and great company, Take advantage of there free trial while you can because this stuff is hot!! You won't be disappointed,Eventually I'll be running it on every tank I have for sure.

-Seafari-
I have asked Nualgi more questions about the product and their answers are somewhat vague. For those of us using EI Dosing in a high tech tank, we want excess nutrients, and we want our plants to out compete the bad algae. Nualgi claims it promotes an explosion of diatom growth which will out compete bad algae. Why would I want excess diatoms in my tank, and wouldn't this product be counter productive to EI Dosing? Furthermore, if the tank is already balanced, there is very little to no algae in the tank to begin with. This leaves the question, "to what purpose" will this product benefit my tank.

They seem to be approaching everyone on YouTube, including myself, offering a free trial. I passed on it since I have not found a reason to use it and they could not answer my questions in regards to using it in high tech planted tank.

Would be nice to hear what Plantbrain (Tom Barr) thinks about this product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finnex Club #12
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (42/98%)
Oh boy. Another magic potion. It doesnt take rocket science. Light, CO2, macros, and micros are all we need.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanisme View Post
Oh boy. Another magic potion. It doesnt take rocket science. Light, CO2, macros, and micros are all we need.
No one actually knows exactly the proper balance what you've mentioned, that's why algae is the most discussed. I have light, co2, macros and micros, can you tell me why there's algae in my tank?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
There is algae in your tank because you have not found the right balance for your tank. It takes some serious work to balance out a tank. Then, idk if there ever is a true balance to be found as things are always changing.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italionstallion888 View Post
There is algae in your tank because you have not found the right balance for your tank. It takes some serious work to balance out a tank. Then, idk if there ever is a true balance to be found as things are always changing.
Exactly my point, it's not about just having the major components for your tank, it's finding the right balance. So just saying to have all those dont mean anything. Everything we use for our aquariums have their pros and cons, and maybe this Nualgi will help in terms of algae not becoming anymore nuissance than already is.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER View Post
Exactly my point, it's not about just having the major components for your tank, it's finding the right balance. So just saying to have all those dont mean anything. Everything we use for our aquariums have their pros and cons, and maybe this Nualgi will help in terms of algae not becoming anymore nuissance than already is.
or it'll just add another thing to take care of and consider when maintaining your tank. something else to go wrong.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
It sounds to me that this product is just trading out diatoms for the BGA.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (42/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER View Post
No one actually knows exactly the proper balance what you've mentioned, that's why algae is the most discussed. I have light, co2, macros and micros, can you tell me why there's algae in my tank?
Actually, if you have a pic of your tank, some water parameters, equipment used, and maintenance schedule I would be happy to help you

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode