Emergency - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to milindsaraswala Send a message via MSN to milindsaraswala Send a message via Yahoo to milindsaraswala Send a message via Skype™ to milindsaraswala
Emergency

I have 18 Gallon tank and I was having 10 fancy Guppies, 8 Cardinal Tetra, 1 Honey Gourami, 2 Amano and 5 Ghost shrimp.

Yea I know you guys will tell me that for 18 Gallon, it is over crowded but it was not for long only for 1 week and I was preparing another 8 gallon tank and I was going to separate them.

Now I have hair grass, Aanacharis, Java moss on dw, Anubias nana and Cabomba
caroliniana

I dosing seachem pack level 1 and 2 as per their chart everyday. As was dosing excel my Aanacharis start melting and I found that excel is not for it.

But other than my 5 fancy guppy, 5 Cardinal Tetra, 1 Honey Gourami died. First day I saw 1 guppy died and it was in that hand of ghost shrimp, then next another same way so I thought it is issue with shrimp they are catching and eating them. So I separated shrimps only ghost shrimp. But still other fish were died

I did yesterday morning 40% water change, I will again do it again today to stabilize things.

Yea forget to mention Ammonia is 0, Nitrate is 0 and nitrate is 0

So understand that it is not shrimp something else is there. I feel I was dosing fertilizer every that is reason. Do this can happen ??

I will stop dosing for a while
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm not sure but would 0 nitrates mean the tank isn't cycled? Especially overstocked I would of thought you would have either ammonia or nitrates in there, maybe your tests are not reading correct, because I think even tap water would contain some nitrates?, but I'm no expert as im relatively new to this myself, let's wait for their opinions!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to milindsaraswala Send a message via MSN to milindsaraswala Send a message via Yahoo to milindsaraswala Send a message via Skype™ to milindsaraswala
Well as I mention it was just overstock for 2-3 day and it start getting die almost on the first day.

I have doubt on
1. Seachem Excel can kill but still why nothing happen to any shrimp.
2. Well another question I was having some 3-4 yr old dry worm food can it cause death for fish.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
The first list of fish. Did you just buy them or some of them ?
Pet shop Fancy Guppies are easy to kill by moving from shop to your house.
Temperature change gets them easy.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode