the best suction cups you can find - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
the best suction cups you can find

Okay, maybe this sounds a little crazy of me, but I need some help. Does anyone know where to get so great, no-nonsense airline tubing suction cups? I'm desperate, here! All of the suction cups that I've gone through just aren't...sucky enough?

As we speak, I am scouring the internet for the holy grail of suction cups, but maybe you can get me there faster.

I hope the title didn't trick you into thinking I had already found them. Or maybe it was intentional. You'll never know.

I moss be in love

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've never found any that didn't need periodic replacement.

What are you trying to hook up? I have gotten good results using rigid plastic tubing to get it down inside the tank and keeping it in one place.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Keeping them out of the water seems to extend their lives. I prefer silicone over vinyl, and vinyl over ABS plastic. Rubber can be as good as silicone if it's high quality but it's never clear so I'm not usually too interested in it. Ebay will take you to lots of sources in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong where you can buy quantity at cheap prices.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Magnets

|
|
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubels View Post
Magnets
yep. Zoo Med mag clips or make your own.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
I just need it for everyday airline tubing. I found some on evilbay located in China, just not sure how good the quality is or what it's made of?

Oohh I like the magnets idea! Neodymium type? I will look to see how much the Zoomed ones are first before I make my own.

I moss be in love

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode