Missing Fish! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Missing Fish!

So, I added a few new tankmates, and I'm starting to regret it

I've recently (2 weeks ago) added: 1 dojo loach
4 days ago I added:1 sitimuki(sp?), 6 cardinal tetras.

As of now, I'm missing 2 cardinals, an otto (the other otto turned up dead), 2 cory Julliis, and one of my blak skirt tetras has some sort of swollen wound, or possibly a fungal infection near its head.

I also have a massive ramshorn outbreak, with hundreds of them (I have a 38g tank) hence the sitimuki.

so it is possible they've been hiding...My albino bristlenose pleco hid for more than a month without me seeing him(her?). What should I do??

Also, would it be ok to put anti-fungal meds in for that lone tetra, just in case??

Thanks
EB

Last edited by EBandman; 03-02-2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: meds question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Planted Member

Ramshorn breeding bloom tend to happen when there is an abundant food source, too much food or decaying organic matter. That might be a sign to cut back the feeding, do some maintenance and a water change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJVanier View Post
Ramshorn breeding bloom tend to happen when there is an abundant food source, too much food or decaying organic matter. That might be a sign to cut back the feeding, do some maintenance and a water change.
I mean, I feed once a day, and I have some medium sized fish to feed...I don't feel like I'm putting in too much food?

EB

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Is there any way the ramshorn could be eating the deceased?...

EB
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Yes, ramshorns will eat dead fish and they will suddenly disappear.

|
|
|
|
|
|
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Will they...kill the fish if they're hungry enough? Looks like I need some more sitimunki loachs and assassin snail B-)

EB

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode