Pics of my emeresed set up and questions about fertilizing - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
Pics of my emeresed set up and questions about fertilizing

I have a 30 gallon emersed set up. The plant pots are raised up off the bottom of the tank with some egg crate and pvc. I have about 10 gallon of water in the set up. I did it this way so I could put a heater in it. There are 10 goldfish living in the water section below the plants. The tank also has a filter in it. I have a t5 high output light on the set up. The plants are anubias and I'm using flourite for a substrate.

The plants are growing like gangbusters but I'm having a problem. Some of the old leaves are showing deficiencies. They're turning yellow on the edges then die.

I do a 50% water change once a week. I'm also dosing dry ferts. I using a modified version of EI dosing. I'm dosing KN03 KH2P04 and seachem equilibrium. I'm only dosing once a week.

Should I dose more often? Whats causing the old leaves to turn yellow and die?

Since I'm only growing anubias I figured I wouldn't have to dose as often because I've read they don't need a lot of nutrients.

[/URL]

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode