Self cloning cray setup? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Self cloning cray setup?

Please help me out. How do you have your marmokreb tanks set up? Substrate? Heater? (Temp) food? Light? Filter? Etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (132/100%)
Inert substrate, no heater, flake and bottom feeder food, led light, sponge filter, moss/hair algae.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My thinking has been invert-ed!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I have two adults and a bunch of babies. You can set them up almost any way you please. They need temp of 65-80 so room temp with no heater works fine. As for tank I have mine individually set up in 2-4g tanks/ bowls. They tend to eat plants so no plants that I care about in the tank. As for substrate thats your personal choice. They don't really need any but I'm sure it makes them feel more at home and will probably help them reproduce if thats what your looking to do. As for food they will eat almost anything. I have a bunch of tanks with all different fish so I feed them what everyone else eats for the most part. Algae wafers, shrimp pellets, carnivore sinking wafers, sinking hikari mini wafers, etc. anything that sinks they eat. I do live blood worms twice a week and they go banana sandwich over them, practically jump out of the tank. FYI if you feed them a lot of green type foods such as waffers they will eventually turn green in color. I've only had two for 3 months now and already one dropped about 20 fry. I removed 5 and all 5 that I removed survived. Only 2 out of the 15 or so I left in the tank with the mom survived so removing might be a good idea. The fry I put in small 1g nano tanks I had set up with airline and airstones and the one of them even in a flower vase with some moss. Def put an airstone if you don't have a filter as they need some oxygen. These two links will have everything you need to know:

http://faculty.utpa.edu/zfaulkes/marmorkrebs/

and a great research study on them that solves a lot of myths and answers a lot of questions:

http://www.academia.edu/1395075/Esta...sh_Marmorkrebs

75G, 29G, 20L, 12L, 10G, 5 Nano's, 3 Betta bowls

*Everybody has too much of something...me? I have fish tanks.*

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode