curled leaves - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
curled leaves

cant' figure this one out, tank looks pretty good other than the leaves on some plants are curled up...I don't think its a calcium issue (tested at 50) or GH (4.8dh)....Ph is 6.8....I am having a problem with nitrates (in terms of keeping them up)...I've been EI dosing for a few weeks now and can't seem to keep the nitrates up there....Lights are 265 PC over a 75g..Here are some pics...

Full tank

curled leave shots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 02:46 AM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
GH isn't all calcium... Add calcium & see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Have these plants been moved recently? Is that all new growth I had a similar situation with a plant, tuened out be be caused from moving it to a high light area. The leaves that were partially grown in during the move developed wrinkles, but totally new ones adjust, and grew in just fine.

Walter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)
Is ducktape safe for our tanks. Could some of the sticky glue and what not leach into the water?

Filstar Pimp #27

"Insert your own tag line here"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)
You seem to be lacking Iron to me and more likely trace's as well. Are you dosing trace now? What amounts are you dosing if any & at what intervals?

The Junkie
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I think I'll get an Iron test kit , I have been dosing a few capfuls here and there thinking that might be it....I'm also dosing the traces during my EI dosing....

60 80 Gallon Aquariums
+/- 3/4 tsp KN03 3x a week
+/- tsp KH2P04 3x a week
+/- tsp (20ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
50% weekly water change
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thats a good Idea since iron uptake amongst plants can varry greatly. Too little and your plants won't grow nicely and too much iron can be toxic to fish.

Another (crude) way to guage iron levels in your tank is to add some more iron and look brightening of the red plants. They usually tend to become a deeper red once they get enough iron.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode