Shipping question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (57/97%)
Cool Shipping question

Hi everyone, how long it take for the ship tracking to update the status from the time you printed the shipping label in paypal to the time you bring your package to the post office/scan your package? I sent a package today in this noon and somehow I checked the tracking keep saying (see below) and no further new status yet.

"Electronic Shipping Info Received"

Any thoughts? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
It should say that. That's good.

Tomorrow it should say "departed sort facility" or something like that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (57/97%)
Ah ok thanks. I thought after they scanned the package, it should say something like "origin acceptance ...."

I have not really pay attention when the time I printed out the shipping label. Does the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" message already show up at the time you printed out the shipping label? Or this message show after the post office scanned my package?

Last edited by Master503; 02-11-2014 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Update

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Your notice will be quick but it may take a day for the next. And it doesn't update at each point as UPS might. It will likely be just a few places rather than daily/hourly updates.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
I have had many post office shipments tell me nothing more than the shipment has been received for processing and then nothing else till delivered. The post office tracking stinks.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
+1 on that USPS stinks on tracking now...6 months ago it was decent.
And now UPS expects you to pay extra for tracking so I announce to companies which use it in there feedback section that unless the merchandise I want is ONLY available from them I will buy from some other dealer who uses Fed X or USPS. Companies deal/w UPS a lot because of huge shipping discounts they get while you will pay through the nose for small packages sent throu UPS. They have a minimum and an oversized fee but usuall $2.00 per pound. They wanted $16 to ship something that cost me $13...right.
Anyway pet peve over and done/w I have noticed a big drop in the efficiency of the USPS tracking system over the past 6 months. I never look for any listings other than "shipping info received" till 24 hrs after I do whatever it was. Then like the other person said on occasion it gives the first entry but then you don't get an up-date till it switches over to the local post office and then it may be after it's "out for delivery".

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

Last edited by Raymond S.; 02-11-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: corrections
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I've never shipped anything via PayPal & most of my experience has been receiving stuff but it used to be that USPS never updated the "tracking" info until after I received my package. It would just say something like package received or shipping info received or something like that. Now though they are scanning it more often & updating it more. So for me USPS has gotten a lot better than it used to be. I know that USPS now has actual tracking on first class packages for an extra fee, something that is useful & can sometimes be cheaper than Priority. It updated often at several points along the way more like you'd expect tracking info to update.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I've been getting packages regularly for about three years now periodically and
in the monthe before 6 months ago they were spot on time every day and often more than once each day with up dating it when I went to their site to see where my package was. But in the last 6 months 90% of the time all I get are the "shipping info
received" and a few times they add the first location it actually gets into that facility
and then the local post office is the next time you get an up date from them when
I go to their site. Their service has fallen off vastly from great to lousy but I have noticed that the last two packages were better than in previous months.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode