stupid ? about dipping plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
stupid ? about dipping plants

Is dipping plants really worth it? I dont care about snails as i will buy an assasin if needed. Is there any other benefit other than just rinsing? I dont have a quarintine tank so thats not an option. please let me know your thoughts on the topic. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Algae is the main reason people dip, but there can be other hitch hikers besides snails on plants, some of which can be a nasty thing to have in tanks with fish.
Here's a link that lists some nasties you could get: http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-your-aquarium
I dip everything that comes in now, mostly for algae but also because I don't want any of those tiny creepy crawlers coming in. But if you want to go with a truly 'el-natrual' tank then to hell with dipping, see what pops up.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have read all over about quarantining plants. I honestly never do, I do a good look over at the store, in the bag, and when placing it in the tank. Grab some Assassins as snails will be there eventually. Just being honest, I have been keeping tanks for years and years and only occasionally quarantine fish. Guess most of the tanks are solitary species tanks so that makes it a little less risky.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" Desiderius Erasmus

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode