Wabi Kusa - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wabi Kusa

Hello fellow enthusiasts-

Periodically, once in a while someone would mention they read about or tried their hand at creating a Wabi Kusa.

Wabi Kusa was in it's infancy around 2006 but not much has been said about it since about 2012. You can find info about it on the internet but like I said most of it is dated 2012 and earlier.

I am curious if others have tried their hand at it and what if any new knowledge or advancements have been made with putting them together. Such as, the material(s) used in assembling the substrate ball. There was a lot of experimenting going on a number of years ago but not much of any info on followup as to what was working the best. There are many other areas that could be examined with the Wabi Kusa such as, what plants worked best together, growth rates, fertilizers, lighting. etc.

On a personal not- I put together 3 Wabi Kusa's 2 weeks ago. I am still in the process of acclimating them to the immersed state.

If anyone has been seriously working with the art of Wabi Kusa - I would like to hear from you and hopefully start a discussion.

Keep your plants wet,
Cheers, RobertD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
Older thread but perhaps not too old

I have been looking in wabi kusas for about two months now. I would be interested to know how yours are doing and what you used to make the substrate ball. I have read that you can make them out of a lot of things, but I think I am going to try and make one out of some left over aqua soil and some rocks that I have. I believe I am going to try and make a few of the substrate balls while my plants are transitioning from submersed to emerged so any advice of how you made yours and how they are doing now would be great!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
This is how I made mine, it works pretty well:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=522265

The one we put on display is still going strong.

Last edited by Aplomado; 07-21-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: more info

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode