My 10 gallon heavily planted tank with PICS and VIDEOS! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Coral Keeper Send a message via Yahoo to Coral Keeper
My 10 gallon heavily planted tank with PICS and VIDEOS!

Here is my 10 gallon heavily planted tank. My inhabitants are:
Fish:2 baby Angel fish, 1 male Fancy Guppy, and lots of Mosquito fish.
Inverts:Ramshorn Snails, Malaysian Trumpet Snails, and Pond Snails.
Plants:Java Moss, Java Fern, diff sorts of Hronwort, Banana plants, Water Sprite, Water Wisteria, Hair Grass, Anubius barteri nana, Frogbit, A few diff kinds of micro swords, Duck Weed, Anubias barteri barteri, and a few other plants that i cant ID.
Equipment:15 watt light thats on 10-11 hours a day, Aquaclear powerhead for 10-30 gallons with a flow adjuster, 10 gallon glass tank, and a 100 watt heater.
Ferts that i add:add a dry fert thats called "theBullet" every week.
Water changes:I do a 30%-40% water change every week.
Sand depth:2 inches.
Have a DIY CO2 system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are pics of my 10 gallon tank. It gos in order, pic one is the tank on when i just started and it gos on, ill post a few new pics tomorrow.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a child's view of the tank.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Keeper View Post
Here is my 10 gallon heavily planted tank. My inhabitants are:
Fish:2 baby Angel fish, 1 male Fancy Guppy, and lots of Mosquito fish.
Inverts:Ramshorn Snails, Malaysian Trumpet Snails, and Pond Snails.
Plants:Java Moss, Java Fern, diff sorts of Hronwort, Banana plants, Water Sprite, Water Wisteria, Hair Grass, Anubius barteri nana, Frogbit, A few diff kinds of micro swords, Duck Weed, Anubias barteri barteri, and a few other plants that i cant ID.
Equipment:15 watt light thats on 10-11 hours a day, Aquaclear powerhead for 10-30 gallons with a flow adjuster, 10 gallon glass tank, and a 100 watt heater.
Ferts that i add:add a dry fert thats called "theBullet" every week.
Water changes:I do a 30%-40% water change every week.
Have a DIY CO2 system.
Welcome to the planted tank world! It might be tough to grow a couple of those plants (hairgrass, microswords) with only 15 watts of light (I'm assuming it's the stock lighting). Do you plan to keep the angels in there? They need much more room than a 10g. Where did you get that fertilizer from? I've never heard of it.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodolan View Post
Welcome to the planted tank world! It might be tough to grow a couple of those plants (hairgrass, microswords) with only 15 watts of light (I'm assuming it's the stock lighting). Do you plan to keep the angels in there? They need much more room than a 10g. Where did you get that fertilizer from? I've never heard of it.
Thanks! I had the hairgrass, and microswords for about a month and they are doing very well. They have new leaves and they are starting to spread. Im going to be setting up a 30 gallon tank for the baby angel fish and the 30 gallon tank is also going to be a planted tank(I got the baby angel fish for free by the way). Yes, i know that they need much more room than a 10 gallon tank. I got it from a person whom i got a lot of the plants from and he also uses the fert. He says its very very good(I think its very very good and i see lots of green and good healthy plant growth). Hes kept planted tanks for a very long time(not sure how long tho, but im guessing pretty long from his experience).
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

I'm glad you're having success! I didn't mean to insinuate that what you were doing was wrong, I just wanted to see what your plan was. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress!

Mike

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Wannabe Guru

Could you post a pic of the fertilizer packaging? Or some more info about what it contains?

Mike

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm glad you're having success! I didn't mean to insinuate that what you were doing was wrong, I just wanted to see what your plan was. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress!
Thanks! Its ok. Will do. Oh yeah, forgot to say that i feed the fish every day with very nutritious frozen foods that i make. Here is the recipe to the fish food:shrimp, sea weed, salmon, and fresh garlic. I feed my saltwater fish with this fish food also and all the fish LOVE the fish food. When this batch of fish food runs out ill add some more things like scallops and maybe some crab meat and some other clams.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Could you post a pic of the fertilizer packaging? Or some more info about what it contains?
He didnt give me a hole package. He gave me a vail full of the fert and he gave it to me for free. Ill ask him for the pic of it and all that stuff.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a pic of the tank that i just took today, ill try to get some better pics later on today and there is a side shot of the tank.

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are some pics of the baby angel fish the day i got them.

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are a few shots of my Anubias barteri nana before and after. I took the second pic today.

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are a few pics of my Anubias barteri barteri before and after. I took the second pic today. As you can see, there is a new leaf.

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here are a few pics of the Mosquito fish. The pics are kinda old tho.

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is a pic of the Hornwort i have.(i cut it up yesterday because it was to long)

Moses
Coral Keepers diaries.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode