How do I "plumb" a reactor into a fluval? - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
pairustwo's Avatar
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SEATTLE, WA
Posts: 35
Send a message via AIM to pairustwo
How do I "plumb" a reactor into a fluval?

I have a fluval 204 canister. the hoses seem pretty solid so I don't know how I would go about cutting into the return hose to introduce a tube from a CO2 reactor.

This always turns up in instructions as "just plumb it in". Can anyone offer specifics?

pairustwo is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (266/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 9,417
Is it the ribbed tubing? If so, go to Home Depot. Get the right sized vinyl tubing. The ribbed tubing is notorious for leaking when you try to plumb in-line devices.

Then replace the ribbed outflow tubing with the new vinyl tubing and plumb in your peripherals and use hose clamps.

I know people have successfully plumbed in things and have kept their ribbed tubing, but I replaced all of my tubing with vinyl tubing and I like my current setup very much. Don't have the worry of something leaking in the future.
epicfish is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
pairustwo's Avatar
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SEATTLE, WA
Posts: 35
Send a message via AIM to pairustwo
yeah, it is ribbed.

I'm gonna have to look at the hardware again but I think my next question is gonna be how the hell to I attach all the current couplings, intakes and out flow pieces to new hose?

pairustwo is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Planted Tank Guru
Jeff5614's Avatar
PTrader: (52/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 3,603
I have a UVS and reactor plumbed inline with a fluval 404. It's not too hard. It just takes some thought. You also might want to check out some of DiabloCanine's posts in the DIY section. He has pics of the equipment he's added inline with his fluvals.

There are other links in his sig also.
Jeff5614 is online now  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Nbot's Avatar
PTrader: (10/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 347
hey, do a "SEARCH" for "fluval hose" etc you'll find other people that have had the same problem as you and other people's answer to their question..

But, I did inline stuff to my fluval, see here:

NOTE: To do a *SEARCH* and get the answer you want, its often best to go to "Advanced Search" and search in the title only.
Nbot is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Joetee's Avatar
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 933
I use the ribbed tubing that came with my Fluval. I forced in a tee and hose clamped it. I think I used a 1/2 inch poly tee.

10 gallon hospital tank.
29 & 50 gallon - High Tech C02 enriched.
50 gallon Pond - Natural.
Joetee is offline  


Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome