Celestial Pearl Danio - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Celestial Pearl Danio

I'm new and I have just started getting my tank set-up and have noticed these guys aren't in any LFS. Are they hard to find? I have never gone the mail order route and don't want to do that unless I have to. Pet Co did mention to me awhile back that they could order things not in stock so I'll check with them.

Just curious if anyone has them, has seen them for sale, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 12:51 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
My LFS has them but not very often. They're not common but not rare by any means

~Sam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Algae Grower

Try http://msjinkzd.com

Her stock is great and she is very helpful and knowledgeable.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the link. York PA is only an hour or so north of here.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
I had to order my group and got a great deal from tedsfishroom.com. I saw them in a store over an our away and they wanted like 13 bucks a pair! When I saw that mail order seemed much more worth it. I think I paid like 3.50 or so each.

PS: raising my first batch of fry from eggs I collected!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
They also pop up on aquabid on occasion.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbp917 View Post
I'd go this route if you can't find them nearby since she's an active forum member/sponsor. I've got them near where I live for as cheap as $4 each and I've seen them as high as $10 each, so their price seems to vary a lot. They are really cool fish though. I have over half a dozen CPDs and really enjoy them.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
If your in the midwest:

I also had good experiences with Sean Ko (aka soup12). I bought some ramshorn snails from him and know he breeds CPD's. He is also in MN. http://www.minnfish.com/forum/viewto...p?f=12&t=38202

Ted Judy of tedsfishroom.com - He has a regular column in Tropical Fish Hobbist magazine. I believe he is in WI.

Personally, unless your picking up livestock, I'd wait until we're out of this polar freeze.

7g Cube -
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 PM

PTrader: (15/100%)
Sometimes if an LFS doesn't stock them they might be able to order them with their next order. A lot of LFS just stock what sells well but can get other stuff if requested.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Algae Grower

They have them at my LFS in stock all the time for $3.99 each...also some really nice scarlet badis...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I got mine from Petco. Love the lil guys.. i had petco order them for me and picked them up the moment they came in..
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Petco, wow. The local one here never gets anything like CPDs.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbp917 View Post
I agree with this. I got a lot of my fish from her and have never had one die yet and this includes shrimp

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilduck View Post
If your in the midwest:

I also had good experiences with Sean Ko (aka soup12). I bought some ramshorn snails from him and know he breeds CPD's. He is also in MN. http://www.minnfish.com/forum/viewto...p?f=12&t=38202
Sean lives about 15 minutes from me. He is a super nice guy.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode