I was under the impression that I should have more phosphates to counteract my GSA (Green Spot algea).
I've got a 105 gallon tank, with 500 watts of light about.
I got this dosing regiment from a friend (He helped me set up this tank, and he has a buisness of doing that so I trusted him) IT was originally 1 tsp iron (I'm using the seachem liquid ferts), 1 tsp of phosphates (also excel) and 4.1 grams of potassium nitrate (His special recipe, dry fert tho). Each one is done three times a week. After I got this boost of lights, I increased each one by half so 1.5 tsp of phosphates (I had low levels the last time I tested my water, which was the day before I bought the new lights)
I'm seeing algae growth on my sand now. I bought some dwarf hairgrass, some blyx japonica, and some more red cabomba plus 2 pots of glosso and another pot of baby tears to try to get some more plants into the tank. I'd like to get some more shrimp and otocincles to help eat this algae. I dont know how I should deal with my c02, I've never had any problems. Basically 6.2-6.5 is fine for me, and I had a drop checker and it was always green, maybe I didn't do it right (I did a whole 4dkh solution with 1 drop of reagent, maybe I'll switch to a 5 dkh with like 3 drops of reagent in it, It's time for me to replace the fluid anyways)
I'll post some pics of the algea and the tank soon, I've got school and stuff so I am REALLY busy.
What dosing regiments would you guys suggest? I want to get dry ferts but I dont know what to do once I get to the storefront for the dry ferts websites.
The ferts are exactly:
Potassium NItrate (KN03), Monopotassium Phosphate (KH2PO4) and Plantex CSM + B Iron with trace.
I've got between 100 and 160 ppm gh, but I have no idea about my kh, it may be high.
The algae isn't a bloom like I've seen some people have, but it does pearl (well with these new lights, everything pearls like never before) and has been growing quite fast. At the top of the substrate, where it touches the glass, I can see this gunk and it's really bothering me. It's green with gsa and brown with god knows what. I want to get this under control
I've upped my Excel doses from 1 capful to 2 to try to counteract this algea, however I highly doubt this was the right thing to do.
P.S. I've got flourite red substrate and a c02 reactor, not diffuser.
P.P.S I am NOT dosing phosphates and iron on the same day (I'm a noob, but I'm not stupid. Well, I'm not THAT stupid, but I am stupid)